3800 Ron Vogel suspension set up

• Thread starter imported_Diavolo
  • Start date
I

imported_Diavolo

I was just giong to pm you but I am sure a lot of people would like this info as well.

I am getting MAJOR torque steer. My suspension is stock but I do have some spring blockers in the rear that I got from Jamie a while ago.

So, I don't know anything about what I need to do in the front of the car. Ron any suggestions?

Also, I have very loud creaking from the rear suspension. I am assuming something is shot back there but I don't know what. I do have 75k miles on the stock suspension.

Thanks

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Once I put in a TQ arm (similar to Thrasher's) I knew exactly what was wrong. The problem is, everything up front is isolated by rubber. Forward LCA, rear LCA bushing, Strut tower, sway bar. There's no way to really get around it other than replace everything you can, so at least the rubber is stiffer. After 4-5 years, all the suspension rubber is shot from age anyway, high miles just makes it worse.

I love the solid mounts I made, but they are a little clangy. Maybe a good quality bearing from an industrial supply would fare better. I wouldn't suggest them, because I don't even know how long they're going to last yet.

The John T. thing will essentially do the same thing, but I wouldn't advise leaving it on all the time. I just had pins to swap it in at the track, don't think it would hold up well to everyday driving. I'll have to bring my system to a mod day or something now that it's off the car, if anyone wants to emulate it. I got the weld on tabs, and heim ends fron Jegs, and the chromemoly tube locally. I'd say I invested about $50 or less to make them.

The LCA's cost a bit more, but I replaced everything like the ball joints too.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Diavolo@Apr 1 2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks Ron, 

I don't quite understand it all but would you suggest replacing all the rubber parts with new ones and gettign some torque arms. (or lower control arms)

Thanks
[snapback]77911[/snapback]​
Unless you want to wait 6 months for a vendor to come out with them, all you can do is replace all the rubber stuff and ball joints. I don't know the PN's, but GMPP sells the loaded control arms complete for about $100 each IIRC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list