3800 wierd happenings

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
My car broke 30thou..on the way home from Daytoa Beach.

Everything was fine UNTIL this event.

On the trip down I hit a 4x4 wood block in the road....almost missed it... wiped out my new rims on the right side. I hit it hard sending my right front headlight out of align a bit(wobbles going down road)...my left front fog lite.....works now when it wants to.(connection is fine)

Then...My LOW FUEL light comes on in the dash...when I have a full tank, 3/4 tank, and above a 1/4 tank. It has been doing this regularly...off and on now for the past week. I turn the car off, and back on it goes out. Can anyone explain??? fuel pump???? filter??? PCM?????

I am also getting a miss/backfire. I finally threw a code...scanned it....#4 misfire. I have ALWAYS had probs with cyclinder #4....at the track. The stock wire was put back on..do to arcing on the plug.

I pull out #4 plug....thinking the piston hit the plug..but NO!!! the plug was just burnt....fouled out. I replaced EVERY plug. I am still getting a small misfire above 4thou RPM. could this be my coil pack???? My #4 has always been a prob.....no corrosion on the coils at all. Do I ned a new coil?

various other things have gone wrong since the tire incident. these are the main 3 that are really bothering me. does anyone have any ideas? :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GTPPWR
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list