3800 upper intake manifold leaking???

ok, well, as soon as i put on the ss ic, i found this coolant laying where fuel injector number 3 is at. i thought the ic was leaking, so i redid everything and bought this awesome heavy duty gasket sealer that someone recommended to me that they used on their ss ic. well, i go and look yesterday and it is leaking in the same exact spot. if the upper intake manifold is leaking, would it leak the coolant in that area. i can't trace a leak anywhere on the ic. thanks

z

240769_65_full.jpg

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Blow it of with c/air. Or clean it good and watch it. May be something there from when you worked on it. You can pin point it if you clean it off good.

Also. It dont look like it in this case. Cant tell but you may need to R&I one of the lower intake bolts. They use sealer and may leak if sealer is comprimised.

Finally, intake gasket or blocked off SC coolent inlet passeges in the manifold are leaking.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by rob@Mar 28 2005, 06:57 PM
Blow it of with c/air. Or clean it good and watch it. May be something there from when you worked on it. You can pin point it if you clean it off good.

Also. It dont look like it in this case. Cant tell but you may need to R&I one of the lower intake bolts. They use sealer and may leak if sealer is comprimised.

Finally, intake gasket or blocked off SC coolent inlet passeges in the manifold are leaking.
[snapback]77254[/snapback]​

The last part of my quote: They could leak. Thats what I ment on the passages.

If you going though alot of coolent on either IC or engine, its worth pulling her pants of and checking for the leak before you get in trouble. Meaning upper and or lower manifold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list