3800 So my car died on Easter. . . .

Krobar2

Regular
Jan 9, 2008
Lindenhurst
I was following my mom to my grandmas house. When we got there, she went in the house, I shut off the car, and listened to my stereo for about 10 seconds. As soon as they came back outside, I couldn't start my car. I called AAA, they came an hour later and it was just a simple jump start. Car started up right away, I drove to the restaurant, ate, came back outside and the car wouldn't start again. Tried to jump start it, nothing. The lights didn't even come on when we connected my battery to jump start it. :angry:

I was all the way down in Bartlett, and I had it towed to Gurnee. It is now sitting in the Anthony Pontiac Dealership parking lot with a note on the windshield :(

Any ideas to what the problem might be?!? Had to happen on Easter, and Kentucky lost :angry:

Dave

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Battery.

How do you have your stereo system set up and your neons?
DO you have it running off its own power source? or is it connecetd directly to the battery or to the laternator or to the fuse post? Also do you have your amps hooked to a switched 12V source or are they always on? ALso check grounds for the amps..they could be bad and causing your battery to drain quicker than your alternator can charge..thus overtaxing the alternator which can cause that to go bad.

also check the power and grounds to your neons..

Krobar2

Regular
Jan 9, 2008
Lindenhurst
Strange... 'tis suppose to come back to life, not die on Easter.

:lolsign:

Battery.

How do you have your stereo system set up and your neons?
DO you have it running off its own power source? or is it connecetd directly to the battery or to the laternator or to the fuse post? Also do you have your amps hooked to a switched 12V source or are they always on? ALso check grounds for the amps..they could be bad and causing your battery to drain quicker than your alternator can charge..thus overtaxing the alternator which can cause that to go bad.

My underbody kit and inside neons are both on separate switches, but connected to the battery. I ran new wire to the battery, I didn't want to tap off any other 12v wire. My amp isn't hooked up to any switch, just using the remote wire from the radio to turn on and off the amp. I didn't think about checking the grounds, that's a good idea, I may need to scratch off some more primer and get a better ground. <_<

Right now, I'm back in Milwaukee going to school, I had my brother drive me up here. I called the dealership and the service guy he had just got the "fix me" note off my car and he'd check it in the next few hours. So I am just waiting for him to call me back, and my bro has to come pick me back up :p . . . .poor guy. But I really have to check on those grounds, as soon as I get the car back, i'll check it out.

Since I've been through so many batteries, wouldn't it make sense if my alternator has just been "bad" all this time. Not charging any of the batteries and I need to replace the battery in like 10 months. (So far, I think that is the average life for the batteries I've been through) Thanks everyone! :D

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info