3800 Injector Cleaners

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
So I'm getting pretty tired of spending almost 15 bucks a week, and I don't use the car that much since I take public transportation to work. But I was wondering what would be a good injector cleaner for our Grand Prix's?

I don't wanna just throw any brand without checking with the experts.

So what do you guys suggest?

Is it even a good idea to use an injector cleaner?

Thanks.

Originally posted by 3800SC98@Mar 24 2005, 03:51 PM
So I'm getting pretty tired of spending almost 15 bucks a week, and I don't use the car that much since I take public transportation to work. But I was wondering what would be a good injector cleaner for our Grand Prix's?

I don't wanna just throw any brand without checking with the experts.

So what do you guys suggest?

Is it even a good idea to use an injector cleaner?

Thanks.
[snapback]76797[/snapback]​

When I worked at a dealer, I was led to believe that the cleaners with "techron" worked best. But again, that is what I was told. :unsure:

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by framos242@Mar 24 2005, 04:32 PM
Why not get them cleaned instead of you spending money over and over again.  Get them professionally cleaned in one shot and not have to worry about them for a while?
[snapback]76807[/snapback]​

I was thinking about that too. I thought I would give it a shot with the cleaner to see how bad they were.

Where would I get them cleaned at? And for how much?

I remember mybluegtp (Alfredo) said Casper's would do them but they are a kind of far from the Midway-Area.

Thanks for the input.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 24 2005, 10:31 PM
yeah we do them at caspers, you can also send them in if you dont wanna drive there.
[snapback]76847[/snapback]​

Cool, what do you guys charge and how hard is it to take the injectors off?

I might wait for the tune-up (once it warms up enough), I'll change the fuel filter and if it still gives me bad milelage, I will definately try to get the injectors cleaned.

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
I took mine in to a shop (can't remember the name of it) on 83rd and Cicero. It was about $75 to get them clean. They did a good job. The owner and I started talking about the 3800 II engine because one of his cars is a Buick. Afterwards, I noticed an improvement.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by framos242@Mar 25 2005, 09:45 AM
I took mine in to a shop (can't remember the name of it) on 83rd and Cicero.  It was about $75 to get them clean.  They did a good job.  The owner and I started talking about the 3800 II engine because one of his cars is a Buick.  Afterwards, I noticed an improvement.
[snapback]76888[/snapback]​

Cool, that's not too far from me at all!

How was your gas mileage before and after the cleaning?

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
I can't remember what the exact difference was but it helped. Then again, I did press harded on the accelerator. :D

If you're going to go on Sat. go early because they close at 3pmand close at 6pm M-F. It's at a stop light light across from Aldai's and Brown's Chicken.

Not that far away from you? Where are you at? I'm in Evergreen Park (93rd & Kedzie).

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by framos242@Mar 25 2005, 10:56 AM
I can't remember what the exact difference was but it helped.  Then again, I did press harded on the accelerator.  :D

If you're going to go on Sat. go early because they close at 3pmand close at 6pm  M-F.  It's at a stop light light across from Aldai's and Brown's Chicken.

Not that far away from you?  Where are you at?  I'm in Evergreen Park (93rd & Kedzie).
[snapback]76896[/snapback]​

Cool, I'll see how the car does after the fuel filter change.

I'm around 42nd and Western.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by 3800SC98+Mar 25 2005, 09:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Mar 24 2005, 10:31 PM
yeah we do them at caspers, you can also send them in if you dont wanna drive there.
[snapback]76847[/snapback]​

Cool, what do you guys charge and how hard is it to take the injectors off?

I might wait for the tune-up (once it warms up enough), I'll change the fuel filter and if it still gives me bad milelage, I will definately try to get the injectors cleaned.
[snapback]76881[/snapback]​
[/b]

i think its like 50 or 60 for ilgpc memeber?
maybe justin will notice this and either verify or correct me if i'm wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info