3800 Tensioner pulley

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I heard this squeeling from one of my pulleys so it turns out to be the tensioner pulley on the inside belt. I order one up from my Delco store not realizing it's the one with the coolant passages on it :( . Lucky for me the bearing in the pulley was the only thing bad so I swapped pulleys and half hour later it's as good as new. Anyone have this problem and want to do this remember the pulley bolt is reverse thread.

I don't mind working on the car, I actually enjoy it but I hate spending time and money on repairs, I'd much rather spend it on mods and fun stuff :D .

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I get a belt squeel when I get on it hard in 1st gear..then let off at the top before the gear shift. I thought it was my SC belt....bought bigger tensioner. then it wenr away..then it came back. I replaced the SC belt. still does it. I now think it is my other belt...but it doesnt have any cracks in it.

F

fastcash

hmmmmm. maybe, but is only when it is cold in the morning during the first start of the day. yet, that would make sense because doesn't metal contract when cold, and expand when warm? if so, that would maybe be it, being a larger gap causing the air to leak, and whistle. hmmmmm.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• HUNTERDOG
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list