3800 What Summer Tires are the best buy?

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I will be buying new rims for spring summer and fall months and need tires to go along with them. I was leaning towards the Nitto 555's but if anyone has a proven performance tire close to the price of the Nitto's please let me know.

Keep in mind that I am looking for a tire that isn't too bad in the rain and has good handling and grip.

Thanks ahead for any comments,

Jamie

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm running 235/55/16 on stock rims. They are a little looser on the rim than I would like, but have a great footprint for drag racing, the Falken's in the stock size are a nice tight fit to the rim, and one of the lightest tires out there. $300 is a very good price, I got mine for $358 shipped.

Edit: Burt, go to Vulcan tire's website instead. The one's listed on Ebay are HR rated. I went to Vulcan; for stock size VR rated they are $286 shipped for a set of 4!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
The new Mickey Thompson Drag Radials... once my 555Rs are dead that's what I'm switching too... don't last long but everyone's saying they hook as well as an ET Street ...

But... in the rain I dunno heh ... I've driven in the rain on 555Rs for almost 3 years now w/no problems... but you do have to be alot more careful... especially when they get used ...

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I ended up going with Nitto 555's 245/40/18. Since they will be on Summer wheels I really don't really need an all season set.

I hope the Nitto's make a nice difference in handling and traction compared to my cheap ass 235/55/16 Dominator's I have on the car right now. :eek:

I can't wait to get the dyno tuned and see how all these upgrades improve everything. I need to get to the track and run some 12's......... B)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by GTP4ME@Mar 9 2005, 04:35 PM
I ended up going with Nitto 555's 245/40/18. Since they will be on Summer wheels I really don't really need an all season set.

I hope the Nitto's make a nice difference in handling and traction compared to my cheap ass 235/55/16 Dominator's I have on the car right now. :eek:

I can't wait to get the dyno tuned and see how all these upgrades improve everything. I need to get to the track and run some 12's......... B)
[snapback]74706[/snapback]​
I see a 13.30 in your future...better get some slicks!

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I hope for a better time than 13.3's. <_<

Is there something missing from my setup that leads you to believe I couldn't run better than a 13.3 without drag radials? If I run race fuel and a 2.8 pulley without slicks will it be hard to hook up or something?

I was planning on just using the nitto's the first track day to see what she'll do. If I can't hook up then put some drags on the 16's.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info