3800 Paging All Alky Interests/Experienced

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by fastcash420@Mar 7 2005, 01:12 AM
Ron, you say you will be dropping to a 2.6 pulley. Do you have larger fuel injectors?

My question for whoever can answer this is: With the AI/WI at wot you are supposed to pull fuel, so theoretically, couldn't i run a 2.8 with alky and stock injectors if tuned to perfection?
[snapback]74133[/snapback]​
I would disagree with the "pulling fuel" statement. Assuming you're going to be spraying after the MAF you're already going to be injecting extra oxygen that the MAF hasn't accounted for. As such, you're already running a little leaner everytime you're spraying. When I would engage my kit my 02's would go from 930 - 950 to 875 - 890 albeit with no knock. I don't think it would be prudent to drop fuel from there. Then again this is all assuming that you are injecting after the MAF.

Ron is running 38lb injectors IIRC.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yup, 38lbers. I am "speculating" on it. I have a strong opinion about what I can'can't do, but alas my alky system isn't up and running yet, so I have to keep my mouth stut on what will work for you. I would stick to the rule of thumb on injector sizing anyway to be safe. If you plan on running a 3.0 with stock heads and rockers, IPW's should be fine as long as your entire fuel system is up to par. If you are running a cam or ported heads with the 3.0, you'll need to go injector shopping. I wouldn't suggest at all going with a 2.8 w/o bigger injectors. Yes, some alky installs will help out enrichment, but you need to run a much higher percentage of alky to do this, as Mike already mentioned the water will add 02 that the MAF can't account for.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have no idea when mine will be on, I have many projects ahead of it in priority. Mine is also a lot whimpier than what others are using also, my progressive controller really limits overall volume since I'm using inconjuction w/IC. I'm having a special plate machined from scratch to house the injector (I'm using a FFV fuel injector instead of spray nozzle), so my system is a one-off type of thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list