3800 Its a SCAM....NOT a performance chip

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Ok so I was bored and reading over the feedback in one of the "Performance Chip" sellers ebay screenname. It shows exactly how many people are complete morons. The guy states in his ebay auction that is a resistor that you plug into your IAT, and he has people giving him bad feedback saying they paid $9 for a resistor. Are you kidding me?

I feel it may be my civic duty to sell these and make a $5 profit off each one. I mean that guy had like 1,000 feedbacks about the same item. So thats like $5000 that he made by telling people he was shipping them a resistor. Thats good money if you ask me, and its honest. He isnt hiding it...........<thinks to self>..... :lolsign:

I

itlnrob

thought about it but knew that would kill my powerseller status.......

I bought one of these things almost 4 years ago for my 99 Grand Am GT.........

I thought it was good, but realized my car was running like shit after a while.

Over the years i saw the scam and how many people left negative feedback, but then again saw the morons that thought it worked.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I bought one of these performance chips in 2001 .. 50 cents for a bag from radioshack :) Promptly removed it once I saw all the various PCM tables that rely on accurate IAT (more so now that I'm doing mostly Speed Density)

I could never see myself trying to sell them though... just seems too dishonest...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list