3800 wheres Jims shop?

Wickedgtp

Dec 16, 2008
did the $520 include the magnaflows or did you have to buy them seperate? whats the best sounding mufflers for GP's? should i get magnaflows or is there better sounding mufflers? i dont want it to sound like a rice burner, i want a powerful deep rumble. i havent heard what the magnaflows sound like either. well thanx alot for your help. hopefully sat. ill make it out to Jims shop and find out some prices

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
wow, you dont even know what you just opened up. Asking what the best sounding mufflers are for this car is like asking asking what is everyones favorite beer. Many answers, but personal experience is the best way, I personally dont like the magnaflows because they are a bit raspy, but others love them. Here is what I have learned from my experience, but these are only my personal opinion.

Magnaflow: Too raspy with a tingle noise.
Flowmaster: Deep, throaty, and pretty silent unless on the throttle.
SLP Loudmouth: Nice low rumble on idle, nice deep tone all throughout the rpms, but some say too loud.
Borla: Nice sound like the loudmouth system, but way too over prices IMHO.

Anyone else have input???

If you would like to hear my flowmasters and arent too far from me let me know, but i would try to hear them all first.

As far as performance goes, I am not sure what each system adds, but my flows seem to have dropped my torque quite substancially, but seem a bit better on top end high rpm range.

I love my Flo's, IMO, they only sound raspy when the car is still cold and you give it gas, which I don't like to do anyways. Other than that, I love them all the way through. It is a bit quiet after the engine warms up and the car is idling(sp) but when you give it gas, gives me goosebumps :rolleyes: :D

Dave

EDIT: And Jim did all my exhaust work as well. I posted it here as soon as I got it done! :) My exhaust post

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info