3800 Goodbye to one, and hello to another...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, this weekend saddened me and made me kinda happy all at once.

Saturday I had to sell the bike. :( My second roommate decided to bail on me. (I should really stop being suprised. <_< ) So in order to pay off some debt that I had and to make life easier I sold her for a few hundred less than I paid. Sad seeing it loaded on the trailer before I even got to ride her.

Today I got a new friend. Her name is Eva. She is a cat that is about to have a litter of kittens any day now. I only wanted one, but the owner was going to give her away and I wouldnt have been able to get one. So I took her for now. Ill post some pics of her up soon.

After the kittens are born, I plan on keeping one. Not sure about the mother. If anyone is interested in a kitten, let me know.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
My cat had a liter of kittens 6 months ago. they are so cute.....but keep her in one room while she is having them......kinda gets messy. make sure you keep the kittens bedding warm and clean. KEEP HER FED!!! all the moms nutrients goes to the kids in her milk.....so mom gets kinda tired and caughy.

put up a small wall of boxs when the kittens start to wonder around/open there eyes. when they learn to walk.....be prepared jumping comes next. they will learn what to eat from momy....nought that time they will start to use the litter box. The mom will at this point..try to get away as much as possible...so try to keep her near the kittens as much as possible.

I learned quite a bit when my cat had hers. Go online.....they have a lot of info on kittens.....I learned a lot!!! enjoy!!!! I named mine: Camaro, Firebird, and Trans am..........Trans am was the fastest kitten.
It was hard giving them away..but they are local so I can check in on them

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hehe, cool. Thanks for some of the info. I have the extra bedroom that is not being used setup for the cats now. I put my extra comforter in there for them. Should be very comfy. Plus I have a makeshift comfy bed that I got from the previous owner.

Im hoping she will pick somewhere easily cleanable to have the kittens. I had my GF stay at my place tonight while I work in case she had the cats so someone could be around. Guess she kept meowing when she shut the door to the room. I dont want her wandering and having kittens on the couch. That wouldnt be good. :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, I didnt plan on getting too close. She is very protective of the one now. She hissed at me and started meowing me out of the room. I wonder how Im gonna feed her. LOL.

Ill remember that. How long till she will let people play with them??

Spoiled bitch has my old matress and an old comforter to lay on to give birth. Shes comfy, and easy clean up for me. :D

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I'd keep plenty of food and water in her normal bowls. make sure you give her fresh water. she will calm down in a couple hours after she has them all( she is VERY stressed right now). then.....make sure you pet her...that way she knows you still like her. I'd give it a 2days...till you can lightly play with them.

when they start to walk...and mommy wants to get away from them. keep them in the same room. the kittens will learn how to use the litterbox, as well as eat solid food.....this is of course further down the road. they should have their eyes open in 7-10days. then.....you kind have to watch what they get into. they can crawl.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok. Well I dont know how many there are now. She took the one under the cover. She came out of the room and started making some wierd noises. I can barley hear the one under the blanket. I dont know if thats good or bad. I also dont know how many there are.

I put my shoes just in case and went in and changed her water. She is above the blanket and the kitten(s) are below it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info