3800 Upgrading Advice will be noted...

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
Alright this is what I'm planning for upgrades on my Gt, WPI Ported Exhaust Manifolds, exhaust system(James Dean), u-bend delete(James Dean), down pipe(James Dean), and finally the best thing of all the Ass-SC(supercharger kit from ZZP). What do you Gt (GTP guys can respond as well :D) guys think about this setup. I'm extremely interested to know what anyone might think about the WPI Ported Exhaust Manifolds. More future upgrades are Ram-Air Hood (undecided), replacement of Air-Filter setup with the Slp w/Ram-air option, and a complete paint job. The first part of upgrades will be completed ass soon as the ZZP SC kit is released. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks. :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Jan 19 2005, 12:21 PM
why not a turbo kit?  Isnt it better than a SC?
[snapback]68102[/snapback]​

$3000+ < less than $1000.

Sometimes its not about speed. Its about bang for buck. The M90 kit is that bang for buck.

Sounds like a great setup. Id wait for a PCM to see what ZZP does. I know they said they used an off the shelf DHP on their test car, but who knows what will happen.

1.9 rockers would be good too.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Kyle@Jan 19 2005, 03:02 PM
if you can afford it I'd go with a turbo (i would have if I didnt already have all this supercharged stuff),  f not ur setup idea sounds ok, only problem is that you'll wanna do alot more once you start.
[snapback]68135[/snapback]​

I think GTs will be content with low 14s with less than a grand invested. I really wish I had this option when I started.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Fish+Jan 19 2005, 04:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Jan 19 2005, 03:02 PM
if you can afford it I'd go with a turbo (i would have if I didnt already have all this supercharged stuff),  f not ur setup idea sounds ok, only problem is that you'll wanna do alot more once you start.
[snapback]68135[/snapback]​

I think GTs will be content with low 14s with less than a grand invested. I really wish I had this option when I started.
[snapback]68142[/snapback]​
[/b]

whats ur current car situation now fish?

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
why not a turbo kit? Isnt it better than a SC?

Well this was the route I was goanna go, but when I heard about the ass-SC for under a $1000 I decided to go with it. First of all it's more affordable and gives me that extra money to spend on other things like appearance, but most of all it gives me an opportunity do buy an HD-trans from ZZP and all the other little upgrades I mentioned earlier. Who knows how long my Trans will hold up with this Kit, better safe than sorry. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info