3800 whats illigal???

Originally posted by Partyhardoo69@Jan 8 2005, 12:48 PM
can somone please tell me what is illigal in illinois??? i just got a gp gtp and i wanna start doing stuff to the out side...i wanna tint (not sure how much) i wanna put lettering on the winshield (GTP, or PONTIAC) i would also like to put night shades over the tail lights and maby headlight covers...please help
Eric
[snapback]66846[/snapback]​

You can't tint you front windows...even though everyone does...you'll either have a cop pull you over and make you take a razor and take it all off to void a ticket, or else you will get a 75 bucks fine....i think its 75 bucks.....also, you have to have a front plate....which again, i don't...lol, as for stickers, anywhere you'd like....long as its not ricer type.....up front covers are fine, but as for the back, i believe there illegal, i might be wrong......but i've seen it many times...hope this helps.

Tom

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Like Tom said no tints on the front 2 windows or windshield, I had on my GT before headlight cover and I didnt get hasseled. As for tinted tail lights I think it should be ok, just make sure that you can still see when you break. Also I had a banner on my GT and didnt get hassled. I dont know if you can have a HUGE decal on the back but I have 2 nice size ones on my rear window but I put them where i can make sure i can see through the back.

alfredo

thanks for all the great info..allready have a frount lisence plate on it...my mom and me are shareing this car right now...im only 15 so when i turn 16 ill get it and shell get what ever car she wants...yeah i figured on the frount windows...wouldnt it look funny with 0 tint on the frount and then REALLY dar tint on the back (like 5%) its a black car so i really want tine but i wont do it cuz cops in orland park are DICKS...lots of them know me from my dirtbike :angry: but oh well lol....yeah i wouldnt put a BIG banner on the back...my uncle has a american flag on his durango and has no problems...but deff a gtp on the frount of pontiac..not sure yet...im goiing to take some pics of my car.
Thanks,
Eric

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I had a Camero with dark tints. I took pictures of it before I tinted it and kept them. I got stopped and ticketed. I brought the pics too count and it was thrown out.

This was along time ago. Municipalities are SO hard up now that you'll probably get slapped with the fine anyway. But if you want to chance it.

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
my friend with a cavalier ->
194630_61_full.jpg

got his done and had no problems yet, he has it lighter tint in the front and darker in the back that way it doesnt look weird but its not as big of a deal to cops. he was in a accident while havent the tints and the cop didnt say anything about them.

Krobar2

Regular
Jan 9, 2008
Lindenhurst
I've had 35% tint on my front and 5% on the back for over two years now and I only got a warning for the tint (along with 4 other things, longest warning list ever) :angry: . Of course it is still on there, cuz if just the back is tinted, I think it looks really goofy. Also illegal is my no front plate and loud exhaust. OH, and a red car doesn't help either :p :D

This is my first post on here, should have found out about this awhile ago, I've been on clubgp.com for awhile now. Nice to meet you all :)

Dave

F

fastcash

Originally posted by Fish@Jan 8 2005, 01:08 PM
Tint on the front windows are a no no. The back windows you can have any kind you want. I have 5% on mine. The banner can only go down 4 inches IIRC to be legal.
[snapback]66850[/snapback]​

close, fish, it's 6 inches from the start of the top of the glass. and if you have a dark car you might be able to pull off 85% on the front windows.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by john99gtp@Jan 9 2005, 06:20 PM
194630_61_full.jpg

got his done and had no problems yet, he has it lighter tint in the front and darker in the back that way it doesnt look weird but its not as big of a deal to cops. he was in a accident while havent the tints and the cop didnt say anything about them.
[snapback]66913[/snapback]​

I'm liking the jeep in that picture :D

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
Originally posted by 00GTPSC+Jan 14 2005, 06:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-john99gtp
@Jan 9 2005, 06:20 PM
194630_61_full.jpg

[snapback]66913[/snapback]​

I'm liking the jeep in that picture :D
[snapback]67657[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
Originally posted by JNGTP94@Jan 20 2005, 11:15 AM
tell him to put some hubcaps on so he dont look as ricey!!!!! hes a true streetracer with them steelies on there like that! :blink:
[snapback]68232[/snapback]​

the hubcaps will pop off with all the bumps around here and the lowering kit on! plus in winter, looks dont matter, its about not crashing and keepin everything perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info