3800 Who Builds Motors?

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I will be looking to get heads and a cam soon. I may have a chipped piston but wont know for sure until the motor is disassembled.

What am I looking at labor wise to do this?

Who or where should I go to?

What Cam should I go with if I still want to use the car as a daily driver?

Should I get Intense or ZZP heads or is there a local machine shop that would be cheaper?

I am looking to get this all done by the end of March and any help would be much appreciated........

Thanks peeps, :)

I

imported_snoop

you gonna change bearings too. might as well since you are that deep into it. i dont know, for a company to do that kinda shit will definently be in the 4 digit range. prolly 1500 or higher. thats just a guess. as far as zzp goes, call them. see how much they would charge you.

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I live in Lake in the hills. I would prefer having someone from the club with the know how to do the work if possible.

For ZZP or INTENSE to do the heads and cam install it is around 1000 labor plus parts. I would also have to add the travel time and expenses. I really would like to keep the cost overall under 3,500 for everything including tuning.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
If I was going to build another one. I would get another engine. I would keep the original in the car and go to town on another one. This way your car isnt down. :angry:

You can do it at you leasure. No pressure and this would help you stay in budget aswell.

Its a little more..Look at carpart.com..You can find an engine at a good price.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thats car-part.com...Looks like you can get one that runs...It should for a grand.

I thought I saw some cheaper. I probably could get one from my machine shop for $700.

lets see if I can remember.....

-pistons Weisco....$400 w/rings
-bearings.... $100
-rod/main studs $200
-TEP cam $350
-cam bearings $120 ouch
-MLS gaskets $150
-chain/gaskets $175
-valves In/ex $160
-lifters $150
-pushrods $100
-springs $100

total $1855 so $2000 in parts.

-balance shaft deleted. 50% balance recipricating mass and micro polish crank journals, balance pistons $300

-Machine work..Hone and fit pistons on rods, professional cylinder hone..$200

-Clean, flux, machine seats for 1.84-1.60 valves and Flow and assemble heads..$480
total $980......$1000 Owner ported heads/manifold....220-180at .500 = $0

Oil pump impellers OK..New oil relielf spring kit installed. Align hone not needed. You may need one.

So..$3000-$3500 out the door if you port your heads and assemble the engine. Custum MAP IC...$1300...MP112..$1700

$5000-5500....Trans....$1800 <_<

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list