3800 ICCU installed...somewhat tuned...little help

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
SO my car is running rich as hell. At WOT ive hit 950-1000 on 02s...

A little backround info...

My LTFT are messed up because of a ported TB.....

So Ive set my ICCU to 103% at idle and my LTFT are very close to 0 now....give or take a percentage up or down.....

Im just wondering, shouldnt i be taking away fuel instead of adding it? :blink:

At cruise the LTFT are at 5-8.....so tune the LTFT to 0 again? Right?

Then do a bunch of WOT runs looking at my 02 values and adjust the ICCU so that my 02 values start to fall around the 910 range Correct?

910 is good for IC cars correct?

Any help would be great.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

No matter what you are limited to what you can tune with the MAF. Tune for -2 to -4 ltft, that'll give you some breathing room to be safe. I don't know personally any of the ICCU's settings, but you should tune to normal driving, and wot will follow. The WOT fueling is preset at a certain A/F. You need to tune to normal; not even spirited driving. You want to stay out of PE mode. The computer will learn out the changes over a period of time, and lean it out some. You will always get richer readings when you first make changes. I would shoot for a target around .910 to .930 with the IC. Running lean just because you can burns holes in pistons and fries the head gasket beteen the center cylinders. Running too ruch kills the ring lands and will also blow out a head gasket. Try and stick with the .910-.930 rule (as long as you trust your 02 sensor), and you'll be safe. Even in the cooler weather, I stay out of the throttle if the car is one way or the other.
I just got a DHP PT a month or so ago, and there is a steep learning curve that goes with it. A lot of good information on the DHP forums about tuning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list