3800 coolant system

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Dec 21 2004, 02:48 PM
Ron-

I busted out my '97 manual to tell you what is says...

For the 3800 SC it reqires 10.2 quarts (9.63L) when flushing your system including reservoir.

The manual states also for Engine Coolant: 50/50 mixture of clean water (preferably distilled) and use only Dex-Cool

Good luck...

-Rich
[snapback]64916[/snapback]​
Thanks, just what was looking for.
The Evan's stuff is waterless, so I need to buy enough to fill the whole system. It last forever, and raises the boiling point to some insane # like 350 degrees F. One of the magazines did some testing on the dyno with it, and was able to pull over 25hp in the car from just changing the coolant. Go to the Evans website, they explain it well. Looks to be a pretty good product, they've been around for awhile.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by sgtp@Dec 22 2004, 03:47 PM
does removing the knock sensor and opening up the valve on the radiator completely drain the coolant system, or is there more to it?  like using compressed air to blow it all out?
[snapback]65088[/snapback]​
From what I understand, removing the knock sensor will do it. I have a feeling to completely flush my system the right way it will take an entire day.
1. drain coolant
2. flush out balance of coolant with garden hose
3. top with water and add coolant flush additive
4. repeat
5. flush out system with garden hose
6. fill with water, and run
7. drain
8. repeat 5 & 6
9. pull knock sensor, leave sit after blasting it with air for a few hours
10. fill system with NPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info