3800 everyone get you're ipass yet?

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by dole21@Dec 18 2004, 05:49 PM
tolls double starting in january if you don't have 1...

I got mine at jewel....was $50 total...thats a $10 deposit on the unit and $40 in tolls prepaid

i noticed they'd scraped all the prices off the signes on 294 the other day telling what the price is....
[snapback]64660[/snapback]​
LOL i signed up about two weeks ago....got 'em in the mail Friday!!!!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I've had mine for a while... the toll price increase is going to suck though :( When I go to US41 I'll use Ipass once then pay the rest of the way ... (just a matter of time before someone in power figures out... ooo we can issue tickets by mail now... and make more money to pay for stupid government programs! yay!)

So I make it a habit that if I'm speeding I only use it in 1 plaza ... the moment you use it in 2 plazas... they have the distance between them... and the time it took you... not hard to get average speed...

Is great for rush hour driving though

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by horist+Dec 18 2004, 10:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Dec 18 2004, 10:05 PM
I almost never pass 2 tolls, but I might have to soon. Just sucks if you try to hide it and it still goes off.
[snapback]64671[/snapback]​

Not if you keep tin foil in your car.... to wrap it up in ... er so i heard
[snapback]64672[/snapback]​
[/b]

Uhh huh. :lolsign:

Ive also "heard" on how to "back up" DVDs and xbox games as well. :D

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by dole21@Dec 19 2004, 10:44 AM
how many times have you heard of someone getting a ticket in the mail for speeding?  i haven't yet...
[snapback]64690[/snapback]​

key word... yet

but think about it... first they get alot of people to use IPass... they have all this nifty data stored in a database ... where you were and when and how fast you were going on average between 2 locations...

I'm not big on conspiracy theories or anything... but were I a betting man I'd bet that within 5 years time there will be tickets in the mail for speeding in Illinois and the source will be IPass (they can already use the IPAss records in criminal and civil cases)

Look at all of a sudden the crack down on people going through w/out paying tolls... not paying tolls is illegal and the people should have been fined for getting caught ... but they collected this info for a long time and finally got to sending collection notices...

Just a matter of time before tickets by mail starts... Granted cameras will be setup at intersections in the suburbs first (trend seems to be .. California does something... then chicago does the same, then it starts trickling out into the suburbs) to catch people rolling through red lights and collect additional revenue...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by MrT@Dec 20 2004, 11:48 AM
the "Stacey's Ass Expressway" has a nice ring to it :ph34r:

i can hear the traffic reports now "45 minutes from the Bishop Ford to Stacey's Ass" :lolsign:
[snapback]64786[/snapback]​

So what do we do if Stacey's ass is backed up? Do we call for a traffic report or call for a laxative?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info