3800 Where should I go with my GTP?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Alright so I have a GTP, and I am trying to decide what I want to do with it in the spring. Currently only have Wizair, quikchange pulley, SLP Loudmouth, and thermostat and DHP.

My original plan was to get a cam (VS, Stage 1, or XP) and TOG headers and maybe a few other minor things. But my curiousity got me looking at the cartuning turbo kit. It really peeked my interest, always wanted to turbo the car, but wasn't to sure about how to go about doing it.

Basically I want some opinions on whether I should turbo the thing or just keep going with the SC build up. I want something that will get me into the 12's but can also be a reliable daily driver. All opinions are welcome!

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Wow this thread went the wrong direction fast :blink:

Hale: thanks for pointing out that MIGPC sucks, why do you think I hangout on your forum all the time, the amount of responses I have (though drunkin) would have taken weeks there. As for the drinking, from what I hear not many ppl can keep up with you guys in the first place, but thanks for letting me know I suck always a confidence builder B)

Anyways, thanks for the input, I think a total of 2 people actually answered the question, and the one was forced my Denise. So thanks Kyle :lolsign:

Anyone else have any input, or should I just post up the question again on monday when there isn't a fun filled weekend of drinking coming up to hijack the thread

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Dec 18 2004, 01:26 PM
Id stick with the M90. Add a VS cam and some headers. Should be all set. :D

and tune it.
[snapback]64639[/snapback]​

Yeah that was my original plan, but I thought I would entertain the thought of turbocharging it, because I've always wanted too. I just can't decide if its going to pull what I want. Goal for the summer is to hit 12's, I think with the vs cam and TOG headers and a high flow cat I should be close. With my current set up and a good 60' the car should be in the 13.5's, anyone else have suggestions?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info