3800 Anybody want to go in on buying a race horse

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
It could be under ILGPC RACING.... It would get complicated but you would divide it all up.. so if the horse costs 4,000bucks you get (4) people to throw a thousand in each... and then you split it if u get a horse and you get a deal with the trainer so u don't pay vet bills and training fees they'll do a 40/60 split.. then each of us four get 10% each.. and they get the 60% Its usually 35dollars a day to train and feed a horse..depending on the trainer... Most trainers let u make ur money back first means they don't take the split till u make ur 4,000back in ur pocket...

Then if the purse is 5,000
half that if ur horse gets first place u get 2500bucks, but now u have to split the that 40/60... inless its the horses first win then the 2500 gets divided evenly between us four so we can start to collect the 1,000 dollars we each put into it. After that its basically all fun and a little profit its the safe way to do it, because the horse could become lame and then you have to pay the vet bills and feeding it and so on and the horse isn't racing.. its just a thought if anyone is interested.... SOmetimes the split is 30/70 it really depends

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
No I pay someone to take care of them.. after my first claim.. if this horse does good and brings in money I profit off it I will claim another the point is to get a small buisness going and hope it developes into more.. my friends own 4 already two actively racing and two yearlings, they'll race after the first of the yr. One of the guys that owns the (4) his gf is going in with me and my mom on the horse, eventually will combined the horses together and hopefully have our own "small" racing stable corp. Its all in preference.. its my hobby and there hobby, we enjoy doing it ya know!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info