TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by BoostInside+Dec 14 2004, 05:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Dec 14 2004, 03:13 PM
By then I'll have a car that flys and talks
[snapback]63945[/snapback]​

GM is getting its ass kicked by Ford, average time that a new Mustang sits on a dealer lot, from when it was delivered to the moment when its sold, is about 15 min right now.
[snapback]63983[/snapback]​
[/b]

and the sad part about that is due to looks, and making a cheaper product.

in the car and driver gto vs mustang, they put the mustang ahead of gto because of looks and price, even though they said the gto whooped mustang ass in performance.

BoostInside

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
Originally posted by Kyle+Dec 14 2004, 05:43 PM-->
Originally posted by BoostInside@Dec 14 2004, 05:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Dec 14 2004, 03:13 PM
By then I'll have a car that flys and talks
[snapback]63945[/snapback]​

GM is getting its ass kicked by Ford, average time that a new Mustang sits on a dealer lot, from when it was delivered to the moment when its sold, is about 15 min right now.
[snapback]63983[/snapback]​

and the sad part about that is due to looks, and making a cheaper product.

in the car and driver gto vs mustang, they put the mustang ahead of gto because of looks and price, even though they said the gto whooped mustang ass in performance.
[snapback]63985[/snapback]​
[/b]

yup .... sad but true.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
In the 90s, the Fbodies were dominating the stang in performance, but due to the cost to own a pustang, they outsold fbodies 3-1.

You could make a car that has 10000000000 RWHP, but make it 2K more than a stang, it would be outsold. Sad but true.

Plus females outnumber males, specially for any stang owner. V6 or V8. So the stangs I guess look "cute" :crazy:

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Fish@Dec 15 2004, 08:59 AM
In the 90s, the Fbodies were dominating the stang in performance, but due to the cost to own a pustang, they outsold fbodies 3-1.

You could make a car that has 10000000000 RWHP, but make it 2K more than a stang, it would be outsold. Sad but true.

Plus females outnumber males, specially for any stang owner. V6 or V8. So the stangs I guess look "cute"  :crazy:
[snapback]64030[/snapback]​

they also made of v6 stangs than v6 f-bodies.

also if u sit in a stang then in an f-body u can understand why ur average person would want a stang. feels more like a regular car cuz u dont sit as low and ur veiw is a little better.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

This has been Ford's thing for decades. If you ever get a chance, look at 60's Mustangs. I'd be willing to bet you won't find 1 straight one unless it's at a car show. Ford's have always been built cheap. My wife's last car; Mazda 626 (A Ford product) was so chinzy if you breathed on it wrong it would dent. Brakes were shot (had to get all new rotors) at 20K, I replaced the rotors again at 35K...but the pads were fine.

I

imported_Theautoguy

The only reason I never bought a 4th gen F-body is that I'm 6'4". They made the 4th gen's to fit short people! Back in 98', I was ready to lay down the money to buy a 95-96'ish 6-speed T/A but the only way I could fit into one was to lean the seat back to "young punk-boy racer" stance. I don't drive like that. I bought a 1st gen Lightning instead.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Dec 15 2004, 07:58 PM
The only reason I never bought a 4th gen F-body is that I'm 6'4". They made the 4th gen's to fit short people! Back in 98', I was ready to lay down the money to buy a 95-96'ish 6-speed T/A but the only way I could fit into one was to lean the seat back to "young punk-boy racer" stance. I don't drive like that. I bought a 1st gen Lightning instead.
[snapback]64203[/snapback]​

pfft 6' 4" is nothing :p Jim McIlvaine (7'1") has an SS and even autocrosses it :p though he did have to have custom seats installed to fit comfortably heh

Just drop a Race Seat in it and you'd be fine :p between that and climbing over a roll bar feels like I'm sitting on the ground :D but lots of head room

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info