3800 windowns 98 second edition

I

imported_GraFFix

What do you mean by "transfer" programs?

If you have it on disk you can install it on any machine you wish. if you mean just copy a program thats installed over to another computer, then sometimes it can work and sometimes it cant. most programs install certain files in different directories and just dragging a folder over to another computer you could be missing certain files that are needed to run that program.

make sense? heh

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Windows 98...people still use that?

Come on Dole there are like a billion copies of "legit" software out there :D
I didn't even know Microsoft still supported that?
You should just bump up to Windows 2000, much improved over 98 in my opinion.

you can't transfer programs from one compter to another....right?
Yeah you can do this, you just have to setup each computer correctly and have the corrent cable to do this.
A little complicated but it has been done! :D

F

fastcash

Originally posted by GraFFix@Dec 9 2004, 01:41 PM
What do you mean by "transfer" programs?

If you have it on disk you can install it on any machine you wish. if you mean just copy a program thats installed over to another computer, then sometimes it can work and sometimes it cant. most programs install certain files in different directories and just dragging a folder over to another computer you could be missing certain files that are needed to run that program.

make sense? heh
[snapback]63297[/snapback]​

here's what i mean, i should have made myself a little clear, sorry.

if you go to the store and purchase a computer with windows xp you cannot use the program disk to try to run that same os on another computer. I was under the impression that if you bought the os 98,2000,xp,me,etc. you couldn't just go to all of your friends house and give them free operating system software. am i correct on that presumption? if so, how can you take "your" copy of 98se and load it onto "their" computer?
let me know please. i am what they would call a computer dummy :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list