3800 Low Coolant Light

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
After I had the ZZP MPS pulley installed, I started to notice that my Low Coolant light is now on for a while when I first start to drive the car. It goes off after about 10 minutes of driving. The coolant bottle was moved when the pulley was installed and put back. I have no signs of coolant leaking on the ground, nor do I see any spillage inside of the bay, even though I have heard about it burning off on the block. The coolant level seems fine, and isn't lower than normal. And the engine is running at DHP low levels like it always has.

I have heard horror stories of manifold gaskets leaking and other issues. How do I check for such a problem? Is it possible that a sensor is bad? I have never removed the supercharger or intake manifold, and have the mods below. Need advice or assistance checking this.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
So when you open the radiator cap (car is cold) you can see that the fluid at the very top neck? If so, then the sensor might be bad. I've never experienced a bad sensor though - but others might have.

Did you check the reservoir? For this car, I fill it up a past the recommended COLD and HOT levels. In doing so, I've found that the radiator has an easier time sucking in back the fluid when the engine starts to cool. As the engine heats up, the fluid expands and flows into the reservoir. Then as the engine cools, vacuum is created and the fluid gets sucked back into the radiator.

Hope this helps.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list