DHP
full exhaust-no headers
autolite 104's
stage 1x cam
105lb springs, new retainers
fenderwell

I'm getting 7 degrees of knock around 80MPH

and 3-6 from about 40MPH +

I am running lean, O2's around 850 range at WOT. will that give me alot of knock?

I"m gonna rescan with the 3.2 today when I know what all to scan for.

Then I'm also gonna scan with a 3.4 to see the differences.

any info here would be great.

Thanks

plmrass

Regular
Nov 9, 2008
Yes DOle your running pretty damn lean and yea that will make you have alot of that kr. If you got a afc 1 or 2 adjust your o2s up accordingly start at around 920 or 930 see what kr is and then move up little more and see it the rest will go away if there is any. Ideally you wanna be around 920-930 but if your richers that will cover up some of the knock.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by dole21@Dec 5 2004, 02:04 PM
i have an iccu....just gotta hook it up and get ahold of charles to get the pcm setup for it.
[snapback]62531[/snapback]​

Dole,

Just as an FYI. You can use the ICCU for Air/Fuel control without getting the DHP programmed. The DHP getting programmed is so that you can add timing control, which will allow you to add/remove timing on the fly. Something you probably wont want to be doing right now until you get your kr problem fixed :p

Before you tune your WOT, tune your idle and cruise LTFT's (Long Term Fuel Trims), You will want them to be as close to 0% as possible. Once you are good to go then do a WOT run and see what your O2 value is, and then tune your WOT from there...

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by jk99gtp+Dec 5 2004, 04:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dole21
@Dec 5 2004, 02:04 PM
i have an iccu....just gotta hook it up and get ahold of charles to get the pcm setup for it.
[snapback]62531[/snapback]​

Dole,

Just as an FYI. You can use the ICCU for Air/Fuel control without getting the DHP programmed. The DHP getting programmed is so that you can add timing control, which will allow you to add/remove timing on the fly. Something you probably wont want to be doing right now until you get your kr problem fixed :p

Before you tune your WOT, tune your idle and cruise LTFT's (Long Term Fuel Trims), You will want them to be as close to 0% as possible. Once you are good to go then do a WOT run and see what your O2 value is, and then tune your WOT from there...
[snapback]62550[/snapback]​
[/b]

wow...thanks. I had no idea it'd work for that.

I'm seeing 16.4% on my long term trims now at WOT for most of the range

I didn't get a chance to scan today with the 3.4

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I'm seeing 16.4% on my long term trims now at WOT for most of the range

Ouch, If you get that thing tuned down you may elimitate ALL of your knock. Definitly listen to what they are saying. You want it at 0 when you go wot. You really want it at zero all the time, but basically as close as you can get. Then work on your O2s, and hopefully say goodbye to ALL of your kr.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Dec 5 2004, 04:25 PM
[snapback]62550[/snapback]​

.ok...i got it hooked up now.

default is 89% idle and cruising

94% at WOT. I have yet to mess with it.

So I just wanna get it straight before I start messing....

which way does the % affect? higher makes it richer I'm assuming?

tune idle LTFT to near 0%

tune idle LTFT to near 0%

then do a WOT run to see what my LTFT is at WOT?

would this be the correct order?

LOL sorry about the long post...just attempting to not blow anything up. I bought it used and it didn't come with any directions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info