3800 Rear Sensor...

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Nov 22 2004, 03:05 PM
Brain fart here... Which is the sensor behind the blower that the two hard vacuum lines go into?  It also has one electrical connector on it.  It's clicking to the speed of the RPMs and I don't think it's supposed to do that. :)
[snapback]61141[/snapback]​
Its the MAP sensor I believe, or MAFF, pretty sure map. no, dont think it is supposed to tick. is the vac line pusling? or is it an electrical noise?

joe a

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
From some installation info for a camshaft. http://www.mccgp.com/upgrades/caminstall/caminstall.php

Next is the MAP sensor. Its is right below where you just removed the alternator bracket. Its a black rectangular box and has 2 things connected to it. One is a 3 prong connector for the sensor and the other is a vacuum line. Unplug both of those and then there are 2 bolts that hold the bracket/sensor in place. These are 10mm as well and go right to the S/C. Once the bolts are out - this can now be removed and set aside.

if that describes it.. cool, if not, get some pics...

joe a

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Nov 22 2004, 10:01 PM
It just died.  I've gone through 2 of them.  Click click click.
$12 dollar part.  You should have set at P0441 ... or is it P0440 - unless you have all that disabled  :ph34r: .

J.E.T.
[snapback]61184[/snapback]​

Well it doesn't matter too much now... :) See my other post. D'oh!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list