3800 another problem...

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Nov 13 2004, 07:26 PM
The boost gauge surging sounds like the belt slipping.  Check the belt for glazing or peeled rubbber.
I have a gator back belt, but i'll check

How does the timing look at the top?

:confused:

How often do you have to run at 127mph?  ;)

J.E.T.
[snapback]60224[/snapback]​

Not often but if i see open road like i had yesterday i usually do but again not that often ;)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Nov 14 2004, 09:03 AM
i started using NAPA  belts, ans found out that they dont wnat to strech as much as good year does
[snapback]60245[/snapback]​
The gatorbacks need to be replaced too often, the Napa belts are much better. With an oversized tensioner, I pulled a tendon getting my Napa belt on, but it hasn't slipped since I got it on. Make sure you get a belt size that'll barely fit.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by mybluegtp+Nov 13 2004, 08:00 PM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 13 2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I hope you feel good about beating a GT up top with 3 people in it. :lolsign:
[snapback]60227[/snapback]​
Oh boy.

ok, but dont forget that Chrome wheels are heavy too, say 55lbs each, and you had stock wheels. :rolleyes: Can you imagine if i had my stockers on. :ph34r: :p
[snapback]60228[/snapback]​
[/b]
Maybe a tenth or two difference.

<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Nov 14 2004, 09:03 AM
i started using NAPA  belts, ans found out that they dont wnat to strech as much as good year does
[snapback]60245[/snapback]​
Well, the Gatorback suck in the reliability dept. Especially with extra tension. I use the gators cause they grab better. They strech faster cause of the rubber type. But in with non-slip pulley they are recomended for their grabbing ability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info