3800 Suspension

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
More so lately after driving a friend of the familys 2002 Monte Carlo SS with 19k mi (which I still have and tool around in until he needs to be picked up at the airport Saturday) this car feels like hell. The car is floaty, loose, un stable, and I feel an evasive manuever would probably make this car real "fun" to keep in control. I also feel a kind of "bump/knock" in the wheel when turning over bumps like backing out of my driveway slow. Im just gauging what is "needed" when overhauling a suspension. The car definately needs from what I know, and can tell.

-Struts (I think I would like the Monroe reflexs)
-Strut Mounts

I hope to also get the GMPP Handling Kit (tubular rear trailering arms, bigger sway bars, and strut tower brace which I will use in the rear. If anyone thinks its worth the $110ish dollars? What else is probably needed replacing at 90,000 miles? The car also seems to have some positive camber in the right rear, its only noticeable when you stare at it though. But what can be done to fix that? Hell it seems it may be time to take it somewhere and bend over. :angry:

-Nick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list