3800 Paging Kyle

Hey Kyle

Well I did what you said and I bought a DHP for my GT. I was wondering since you installed one before in your own GT and know about them. If you could help me install it and give me some info on it? I would greatly appreciate it. I still owe you from the last time its the perfect time for me to repay you :) . Let me know what you want... By the way what is this case learn I keep hearing about?

Morgan

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well I dont work until 5 tomorrow or firday so give me a call if you want.
Sometime before 5.

And with case learns, I'm not sure if you need a tech2 or a programmer or if just unplugging the battery for like 20 min (or something like that) will take care of it.

I've always had a tech2 at my disposal at work so I dont know for sure.

I'm sure someone will pipe up and say something to correct me.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
You will need a tech II, buy a programmer, or talk to charles for the case learn. Not all cars need the case learn. I have installed two different pcms in my car, and 1 in another gtp and none of them needed a learn. But i installed a dhp in a monte the other day and it sed the case learn code. He has been driving around for a week without any actual problems. Its different with each vehicle.

Also, from what I understand, the Crank sensor learn (CPK Learn) is necessary to help with identifying misfires. If the crank sensor is off, your pcm cant identify which cylinders are misfiring. There may be more, but thats what I was told before when I asked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info