3800 In need of Elgin area valvespring install help

So i determined my problem w/ my car was valve float and ordered up 105# valvesprings and new retainers (which i'm hoping to GOD solve my problems). herein lies my problem tho...i lack really ANY tools to do major work on my car...so usually i rely on my buddy who has like a craftman garage, but hes back at college so i dont have that resource anymore. so now i turn to the club b/c i dont want to pay 300+ for a friggin valvespring install at a shop...so, my question is this: if anyone is somewhat near the elgin area and wouldnt mind doing an install for me, id be greatly appreciative. of course i could pay or buy beer or whatever for the lucky person ;) . i'll have aim up all night, so if some kind sir would be willing to help me out, either shoot me up on aim at crazymook69, or post back here, i'd be very very very greatful. thanks in advance :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I won't have the time to do it, but I could prolly show you how. I have a tool I made just for changing the springs that works like a charm. I have an extra set of heads off the car, and I could show you in about 5 minutes how to do it. The hardest part of the job is getting off the valve covers, since you have to remove the belts, and some brackets. Your best bet is doing it over a weekend to take your time. It can take 4-6 hours to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info