3800 97-98 Coolant Bottle Relocation

I

imported_GraFFix

nothing to it really...

Test fit the 99+ coolant bottle and mark the holes with something. drill the 2 holes and basically bolt/screw the coolant bottle into place. one thing to remember if your going to bolt it in place make sure you use stainless hardware. I made the mistake of using regular bolts and nuts i got in my garage and they ended up rusting on. then a few months down the road i had to remove it for some reason it was a PITA! right now i only have 2 bolts holding the coolant bottle in place no nuts or anything. and then my own little contraption for the bottom tab (ill explain that below) I just pushed the 2 bolts thru the holes and it holds it fine. and this way its easy to get out if you need to

Something to think about for the bottom since this coolant bottle isnt really meant for a 97/98 there is no clip to hold the bottom of the coolant bottle, and I had an issue with the coolant bottle swinging away from the fender when I would make a right turn. and it would hit the crank pully. and eventually cut a hole in it and i had to replace the bottle.

my easy fix for this is kind of ghetto but it does work fine...

on the bottom of the coolant bottle there is a tab that is supposed to slip under a clip. I drilled a hole into that tab and ran some copper wire thru the hole, wrapped that around a bolt under there (you can get to it thru the passenger wheel well) ever since then my collant bottle hasnt move a bit and no more bouncing off the crank pully.

hth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list