3800 Are you gonna vote this November?

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Are you going to vote this november?

I don't care which way ya vote, but are you is the question.

I know of at least 10 people who are eligible to vote, and aren't going to.

Almost everyone of their replies of why not, are their vote won't matter. It just kills me.

Lets not make this a political debate, just asking a question,

and if yuo aren't, why not?

Originally posted by dole21+Sep 19 2004, 12:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dole21 @ Sep 19 2004, 12:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silver98gtp@Sep 18 2004, 06:41 PM
i  cant  :ph34r:  :unsure:  im an ilegal  alien  :ph34r:  :lolsign:  no papers...no green card    :lol:  ill get deported if i vote :lolsign:  :D
wait...

you're an illegal alien

AND you're father works for the FBI.

Hmm.

Interesting [/b][/quote]
DUDE YOU KNOW IM JUST MESSING I WAS BORN HERE CANT TAKE A JOKE :ph34r: :lol: :lolsign:

Originally posted by dole21@Sep 19 2004, 12:03 AM
and if the gov't is messed, up why wouldn't you want to vote to try to make a difference, for you're views.
That's part of the problem right there. We are usually restricted to picking from dumb and dumber. How are you supposed to vote on their/your views, when everything coming out of the candidates' mouths are lies? It doesn't matter what a politician says ahead of time. That has nothing to do with what he/she is going to do once in office.

You're missing my point. Allow me to elaborate. How are you going to make an educated vote if you have nothing to base that vote on? We have 2 choices, Kerry or Bush, neither of which I can stand. I'm going to choose which liar I'm going to put in office to ruin our country further? Both aren't good for this nation. One will send us under through his economic plan, the other is sending us under through his foreign policy/war stance. Neither deserve presidency. Now how the hell am I supposed to vote in a situation like that where I feel either candidate will cause the continued downfall of America?

The change I want is for there to be SEVERAL candidates to choose from, not just 2, and that sure as hell isn't going to happen by voting for a Democrat or Republican. Neither is going to go into office and say "hey, let me give myself more competition by encouraging the electoral system to expand to more parties". As long as this current system exists, it will always be currupt. It's just like a business. The less competition, the more of a monopoly exists, and the less necessary it is for those monopolies to be fair, or righteous, due to there being no pressure to do so. Competition forces change, in the case of politics, primarily cleaning up your act and following through on what you promise. But again, that isn't going to happen by voting for Kerry or Bush. That is something the general public is going to have to try to force upon the government that we supposedly..."control". :rolleyes: Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves right now.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
if you don't like any of the candidates that are running... write your own in... if you feel strong enough about something start a petition, take an active stance... sitting back bitching about the system is broke but doing nothing about it doesn't help now does it?

If you don't like any of the choices, then write in who you would want.. even if that person has no chance you took part in the system... if you don't take part in the system then what right does one have to criticize it?

That'd be like me bitching about something on my car... but doing nothing to fix it... doesn't accomplish anything...

The fact is you SHOULD vote for someone... even if it's write in ... it's the principle of it...

Originally posted by horist@Sep 19 2004, 10:23 PM
if you don't take part in the system then what right does one have to criticize it?

You have to take part in the system in order to criticize it? Pardon my blutness, but that's just...silly. I don't believe in the system, why would I participate in it? I don't believe in god, should I show up to church anyway because I don't have the right to criticize religion if I don't participate in the system?

If I think something is a failed, corrupt idea, I don't see how "finding some way" to get involved in it would help the situation. I don't see why I should get involved in it, if I don't believe in it. And who the hell would I write in, anyway? :confused: Which non-republican, or non-democrat has a voice and is having his/her stance on issues heard? Not since Ross Perot :rolleyes: has there been a non-traditional candidate for presidency with publicity. And if he's an example of having an option beyond choice #1 and #2, then we're all in deep ****. :mellow:

Anyways, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I respect yours. I'm simply stating mine that I have no interest in voting in a system that is degenerating our nation. If changes are going to be made, they must be made in a way other than voting for clown A or B, or writing in clown C. That's just what they want, to mask the deeper issues, and numb your mind from the situation. If a problem is giong to be resolved, you have to search and destroy the route of that problem, not get sucked into the symptoms of the problem. Anyway, just my $.0257.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info