3800 Changing SC Oil

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Ok. well I guess I'm gonnna try to remove the hub tomorrow. I think between my buddy and I we can do it. Any gaskets or anything I need to know about? Never messed with the sc really, still a newb to L67. Any gaskets? What should it be torqued back to when I put it on?

Just dont wanna screw up something.

Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 8 2004, 12:04 AM
Ok. well I guess I'm gonnna try to remove the hub tomorrow. I think between my buddy and I we can do it. Any gaskets or anything I need to know about? Never messed with the sc really, still a newb to L67. Any gaskets? What should it be torqued back to when I put it on?

Just dont wanna screw up something.
you DONT need to remove the SC or hub unless you want to get every drop of the old fluid out (I was just making a suggestion...). there really is no reason for that.
Royal and IH8 had great ideas for getting 90% of the fluid out. just go that route.

FYI, the hex nut that you remove to fill drain and fill the SC, make SURE it fits good with no slop. it is very easy to round off the hex portion if your hexkey does not fit properly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info