3800 firefighter exam....

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Do good on the performance test. IT counts more then the written test.

you have to run, lift a certain% of you weight, sit ups, carry a 80lb bag up 5 flights of stairs while being timed, and unscrew/screw on a fire hose i believe.

Now the police test is more written and less performance oriented I believe

ok so everyone knows im new....yes yes i know...just got a 00 GTP...anyhow.
The Exams arent bad just make sure you do really good on the physical fitness part of the exam...thats like 80% the rest is pretty much cakework...If you have your FF2 the test should pretty easy for you...if not it should still be relatively easy. Most of the questons are really common sense. I'm a firefighter in Glenwood IL. I was in Flossmoor before that. Once you get into it and if you need your FF2 drop me a line i'll help you through it.

GTPj

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Chicago
i have no FF expierence just wanted to try a career change and this is one of them. The only thing that i am worried about is knowing all the different kinds of FF tools and the math part(haven't used math since geeze don;t know)....if i pass this part i will let you know. so i can find out what s on the physical test...thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info