3800 Should I be pissed about this?

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=16...tmode=1&smode=1

I guess the reason I'm not too pissed about this is the fact I know what's wrong with the design. I like the way they are doing this, but this needs to be part of a system and not the main component. I ran into 3 problems with this: First consistant blower psi, second; overheated intake air, third; wildly fluctuating long term fuel trims.
I was able to correct 2 and 3, but not 1. Looks like they got #1, but not 2 & 3. I'm just going to sit back and watch... :rolleyes:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thats why I dont post on the national site. Not that any of my ideas were good enough but there are alot of copy cats who can put there name on it then make a bundle.....That would piss me off. Just like people who can make informative decisions for themselves. But if it had the "topical" name brand stamped on it....They would buy them like hot cakes. Thats why all this overpriced shit is directed at the youthfull crowd.

Anyway, at the very least we know who its father is. If I may.....Stick with one idea and dont let the cat out of the bag too soon. I had big ideas for my DP but is very obvious the the EPA would take my life away without a courtroom for that one. Natzis

I was also thinking of seenig if I can sell it capped as a test port. I like it so much I cant give up on it. I also want to come up with a manual dump solution.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ron, I think every home techy has tossed about the idea before. I was trying to determine how to control this also but feared reverse pulses through the MAF on a small pulley. That can do wonders for quickly negating any benefits the controller might add. I'm not smart enough to figure out a solution to that other than relocating my MAF further on down the intake line, closer to the air filter.

Rob, what is this downpipe you speak of. I've seen two posts mentioning it now. I'm looking to get rid of the Fair Muffler special I have on the car. I'm not too keen on it. I promise I won't tell the EPA either. :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 3 2004, 11:39 AM
Ron, I think every home techy has tossed about the idea before.
I was hoping Casper's would jump on this first. I sent Justin some Proto schematics last summer. Maybe I'll get one free with all the reseach & testing I did on it? Yeah, Right!

Well, if anyone wants it...I have a techinal drawing for a VVT system for a pushrod engine tucked away in my file cabinet at home. I originally designed it for my Pontiac 400 back in the late 80's. Too bad Honda had to go and mass produce it eventually; I've always wondered how their's works compared to mine.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Ron,

No i don't think thats anything to be "pissed" about. That is a pretty simple idea to come up with. I'm not saying that as a put down or anything. But come on. Anyone who has too much boost has said to themselves .... "If only I could command that bypass...."

furthermore, it sounds as if their design is way more advanced and has other features that were not discussed, such as the incremental boost gauge, etc.

As far as the issues, I have no clue and will take your word that there are issues and in which case they will find out ! :)

An all in one solution is cool but I'm not sure if $200 is going to allow it to sell well.

We'll have to see what else comes available.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

$200 is a little high, but I can see where the cost is coming from if a custom guage has to be made. There are a lot of things out there I've planned on making myself, but after researching found it would be cheaper just to buy. I'm sort of figuring out that again trying to remodel my basement, Uhhg!

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
There are a lot of things out there I've planned on making myself, but after researching found it would be cheaper just to buy. I'm sort of figuring out that again trying to remodel my basement, Uhhg!

"Time is Money" Is NOT a lie.

There is an opportunity cost to things as well. Sure you may "save" yourself the money to design something or DIY, for some things, you lose way more time (amongst other things) though in the process.

I've been on both sides of that coin. I've tried to do my own pulley swap in a hurry a long tmie ago before i knew jack about the car and well.... I drove for two weeks or so without a SC.. heheh

On the other hand, I took our windstar into the dealer for a leaking power steerring system and the tech told me ... $500 to fix it and no its not on your warranty after making me wait like 3 hours there... I said f' that and went home.
The return (metal) was rubbing up against teh suspension and from the up and down movement of the suspenion, it burned a hole through the line..... so jbweld with some sealnt around that with a rubber hose around it (to protect against any future rubbing) did the trick. While its ghetto. It was $5 in parts and 20 minutes of my time.

The trick is to know how to choose the battles I guess....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list