3800 What did I break?

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
I nailed a pothole a month and a half ago, or so. This wasn't your average pothole.. this pothole would swallow most civics, and claimed MANY tires, including a friend of mine's, in my area until they finally fixed it. Occasionally, I was getting screaching metal sounds from the front driver's side corner, only as I hit certain bumps in the pavement. Had to be a sharp incline, almost impossible to re-create. Checked it for what I could on a car jack, and discovered my wheel bearing was shot, so I replaced that. Seemed to go away for a short while, but it's coming back loud as can be, and over almost any medium-large pavement change, etc. Bearing's still fine, brakes are fine, everything's tight.

It's not a clunk, like a ball-joint would make. Sounds like something metal-metal, or chains rattling real fast. Everything's solid when I lift the car up on a jack, so I'm clueless. I can't see taking the car in to have some mechanic charge me a ridiculous amount of labor for something I could fix, but just can't find.

Any ideas? :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list