3800 Exhaust

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Need to know your mods, but in most cases, yes. A well designed exhaust is very important (take it from me, I've tried at least 6 different configurations on my car). A good exhaust should help scavenge the cylinder. It's not as much a reduction in backpressure that's important, but the efeect produced on scavenging. Headers will really help, but for ported mani's a 2.5" is more than ample. I currently have 3" mandrel in the bends, and 2.5" in the straights. It's a nice compromise still having the flow in the bends, and the positive scavenging benefits of veturi's.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Well Ron has a good point here but in my experience you wont be "LOOSING" power as indicated. See the backpressure helps your bottom end torque or seat of the pants street power. Your accually just changing your torque band curve by opening up your exhaust and adding more top end performance. Or the ability to expend a larger volume of gasses.
Yes, you may loose a little low end torque on the bottom end removing the u-bend but your opening up the top for more perfomance options...pulleys,cams, rockers, ect.
If your going with a 3.4-3.25" pulley or lower I recomend that you do those mods.

<AKA prevent boost stacking If your running stock keep it stock cause an unmodded car will appear to fall on its face without a little backpressure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list