3800 steering wheel vibration

F

floydzepplin

My GTP has developed a slight steering wheel vibration that is noticeable at about 60-65 MPH as I stop accelerating. It is most noticeable when I'm reaching cruising speed after getting on the hiway. I haven't noticed any vibration at constant speeds or when decellerating.

The car has 50K miles on it with original tires. I have had no problems with it other than having the brakes done last year. It has never been wrecked and I don't recall ever hitting a curb or pothole (other family members drive the car occasionally and I don't know if they may have done something to cause this).

I suspect that this is caused by a tire problem (balance, torn belt, ???). What other wear and breakage might cause this? Do I need to be thinking about shocks or CV joints? Am I due for an alignment?

I am planning to get new tires this fall. The orignial tires still have some miles left on them but I drive it in winter conditions and I want some fresh tread this year.

I really enjoy this car and want to keep it in good condition.

your comments appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info