NL Standings

1. Cubs
2. Padres -1
3. Giants -1
4. Phillies -4.5
5. Marlins -5.5
6. Mets -6.5

GO CUBS

The cardinals just killed the Central, cubs in 2nd, 12.5 games out.

AL Standings

Red Sox
Rangers -1.0
Angels -1.0
Indians -2.5
White Sox-5.5
Orioles -8.0

For the Wild card the sox gotta make up a lot of games. But they are only 4 games outta the division lead. Maybe they'll turn it around, but they aren't looking so good right now.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
i agree Rob ,

SOX have a great opportunity to win their div. CUBS ... they have 0 chance of winning their division, but they have a very favorable schedule ahead of them . i believe the Giants and the Padres have 6 games EACH with the Cards. so that is going to be huge for the Cubs.

Basically they can contrlo their own destiny by just winning games. unlike today ... i still say we should of gotten some middle releif ...........

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
If the cubs dont do anything about their bullpen they will be watching the playoffs from their sunny vacation homes this October.

While the Nomar trade was cool, I STILL think the Cubs should have gotten some bullpen help. Also they should send Farnsworth back to triple-A and let him regain his confidence back on his pitches, he is all over the plate.

In all due respect, Id rather see the cubs not get into the playoffs this year and work in the offseason to beef up their bullpen and keep the core guys. I just cant see the Cardinals having another year like they are this year, as I think their pitchers are having fluke years and next year will be a different story with their staff, and the cubs (barring any injuries) should be much improved.

As far as the Sox are concerned, getting to the wildcard without Frank and Magglio will be a tough task. Cleveland is playing some really good baseball and I think has the best chance of winning the division, however the pitching is sorta shotty at times and thats why everytime they play their scores are like 15-14 lol, but they do have a good lineup. However I dont think they will get far in the playoffs since pitching usually wins games during that time...

Should be an interesting last couple of months tho....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info