3800 So for those who went...

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, hope I can make the fall ones. I'm at a crossroads w/the car, and don't know where to take it next. Since my new heads are almost done, I may have Bronze guides put on, and a competition valve job, even though they are new heads. If I do that, I should really replace the timing chain, so while I'm down there I should put in a cam. If I put in a cam, I should get new lifters and pushrods. With all the new power, I should get a diff, or it'll never hook up, and if I get a diff, I'll crap out the trans, so I should get a new trans. All of this will need new programming, so I'll need tuning software. Or, I slap on the new heads and call it a day...Sorry, rambling...Anyone set PB's?

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
or just get a turbo kit and run low 12's high 11's........

The L36 guys w/stock long blocks are right there in the low 12's. Clint ran a 12.2?? at 117 MPH and his only mod was rockers and a turbo. It is intercooled as well.

You're loooking at 4 - 5K to do a good turbo/intercooler. Its a price mod, but by the time you add up all that other stuff, you're still not at low 12's (close) and if you have to farm out labor, its not going to be any cheaper.

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Nats was great.....rained Friday night when we were almost to the track....got there and everyone was three sheets to the wind....woke them up...Graffix had some fun with Caution tape.....:)

Saturday was hot as hell....Oh, and btw, for everyone who raced, I believe ( I hope) I got all of the first runs of the day on video and all the burn-outs. Steve got some still shots, but he was kinda far away so they might not be very clear. Saturday night was great (thanks for the beer, b@tch :) ).

Construction sucks, especially over that damn bridge.....80/94 was horrible....glad we weren't on it. :) Other than that, all I have to say is you should've been there. :)

Oh, and we were mentioned by the announcer Saturday morning.....Something about people being too loud??????? :) Hehe :drunk: :cheers:

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Aug 9 2004, 03:24 PM
12.9 on street tires(rsa)@ 26psi, no spare, 94 octane (sunoco pump gas), 1.9 60ft, FULL interior.

1.78 60ft on DRAG [email protected]
WOOO WHOOO!!! Congrats Johnny!!!! It's about freaking time that car gets the times it deserves! Freaking C-Ya tranny!!! :angry: :angry: CONRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Aug 9 2004, 06:48 PM
and the pass after that i went kaboom. the car is at INTENSE right now getting a new block installed.
Were you running advanced timing or stock? How much boost? Race gas? I'm pretty suprised you fragged a piston(s) with all the time/prep you put in. GL getting it back on the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info