3800 Has anyone heard of the 2005 GTO yet?

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I went to test drive a 2004 last night and the salesman told me not to bother with these anymore. I ended up snagging the saleman information guide on all the new cars to come out for 2005.

The 2005 comes with an LS2 V8 and these are the specs
6.0 LS2 V8 highlights
400HP @ 5200RPM's
395lb. ft of torque
Wide flat torque curve
Excellent power to weight ration of 9.3lbs per horsepower
0-60 in 4.6 seconds(automatic)
0-60 in 4.8 seconds( manual)
Higher compression
louder less restrictive exhaust
stronger valve springs for higher speed safety
flat top pistons

6 speed short throw close- ratio manual trans
Dana limited slip differential

45/55 front-rear weight ratio for excellent handling

larger vented brakes

Variable ratio rack and pinion steering

McPherson struts and stabilizing bars

They also come with a ram air hood now!

I was told that they are very limited because they will sell so fast and anybody should expect to pay at least the sticker price, probably more.

Not too bad if you ask me B)

I

imported_snoop

um yeah, i think i will take 2 of those. did he say what kind of price tag it will have. blitzu was telling me about those, i think he might get one not sure though. are you gonna get one for megan or brian. ;) :D :lol: . if its for big bri, it better be black and yellow with tonka decals on the side. :p

Wassup Snoop!!!

Im gonna stick with my 04... I love it :)

Ill be waiting for the probally the 07 or 08 with the LS7, 500 HP, and a new platflorm :D :D By then my 04 will be paid off so I will have two goats!

The 05 really isn't too much different... engine, hood, rear (dual exhaust exits), and brakes. It should be closer to what everyone was bitching about the 04 not being.

Here is a link to pics>

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5002

Ohh yeah, retarded GM fucked up again and for some reason they are going with skinnyer tires for the 05... yeah that makes a lot of sense....

(GM Board meeting)
Designer #1- "So, for the 05 we will be adding a additional 50 HP with the LS2"
Designer #2- "Yep"
Designer #1- "Well with this increase of power I believe we should make a change with the tires to compensate accordingly"
Desinger #2- "Yep"
Designer #1- "Since we decided that the F-Bodies with 320 HP needed 275/40/17, and the 2004 GTO had 350 HP and we gave it 245/45/17, I believe the only thing to do for the 2005 GTO with 400 HP is to give it 225/50/17, What do think??"
Designer #2 "Hmmp... ummm... huhhh.... YEP!"

Freaking idiots I tell you..... why 225/50/17's???? Idiots!!!!

BoostInside

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
Here is a pic of the new 05 GTO
o5gto.jpg

Pic of the Monaro ... Aussie version of the GTO?
monaro2.jpg

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Now your talking!...

Thats what I was waiting for last year.....the HP and so forth seems right now?

Hell, I think the 05 GTP with 120 less HP has bigger tires, or, the same!! :angry: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Sometimes you do worry about these designers....

How hard would it be to put a much bigger set of rims and tires on?...Like the ones on the TAs and so forth?....275 width....etc...

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009

I was told that they are very limited because they will sell so fast and anybody should expect to pay at least the sticker price, probably more.

THIS is the reason why the 04 GTO didn't sell well..... greed. THe same thing quoted above was said for the 04's.... You can order the 05 on gmbuypower for sticker..... delivery is in december.....

I have no clue why i happen to know that info.....

P.S. I got two grand prix's for sale if anyone needs one...

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Hmmm...wouldn't let me edit for some reason, so I'll have to post this separately:

By the way, LP. Did you get the 0-60 times on the automatic and manual backwards?

Originally posted by BoostInside@Aug 5 2004, 08:37 AM

Pic of the Monaro ... Aussie version of the GTO?

Other way around. The GTO is Americas version of the Holden Monaro. They've had it out for quite some time. In fact, I was told that the reason XM radio and OnStar weren't offered in the GTO this year is because the Aussie wiring wasn't compatible with them? :confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info