3800 Paging Ron Vogel

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Ron-

Just curious how the TB is doing? I would really like to get this on my car within a month or so - before school starts. Once school starts, I may be out of a job, and won't have money to spend on my car anymore, so I want to get it as soon as possible. You said you have one left over that you can port for me - I have an ICCU, so tuning is not an issue. I would like it pretty much as big as possible.

Your PM inbox is full, so I had to post.

Thanks!
James

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Since you want as big as you can get, maybe I should modify a stock GTP to fit it to the GT manifold. I can't bore the GT's any bigger than 67.5 mm, and the GTP's are 69.5mm. The only real difference is the outlet, which isn't a big deal. When I get home today I'll look to see if I have any GTP cores left.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well it was just a thought...I know of the differences, like I said the outlet would have to be modded. I'm really not doing anymore TB's, I'm just trying to clean up the remaining ones I have. I have a L36, maybe 2, but they haven't been touched yet. The problem is I have to go through people to get the boring done, and it takes a while, I have to pay up front, and I just don't have the capital to throw around.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The ported GT will out flow a GTP with a stock bore, even though the ported GT has a smaller bore. The flow really happens with the shaft mods. The GT shaft is 3mm smaller to start with, and trimming it down yeilds good results. I have a modded GT shaft in my GTP TB, plus the 72mm bore. I haven't flow tested it, but I'd bet it'll match or outflow a LS1 TB, mostly because of the velocity and length of the bore.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
What would you recommend I do? I have ~230whp, and when I'm done, will have about 250, plus maybe a 100 shot of nitrous :x I can pay you up front, as long as you can get me the TB within a resonable amount of time :)

Paypal, or would you like to meet up somewhere and I can give you cash? I prefer you PM me with these pricing details.

Thanks,
James

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list