3800 Got pulled over tonight

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Well we fianlly got the olds up and running after a long wait. So i took it out tonight and wasjust crusing along with some of my buddies, not speeding or anything, so i come up to a light and a cop pulls out of a gas station behind me and flips hit cherries on as soon as the light turns green. He comes up to my car and asks me for my insurnace and lisence so i give it to him, the i say "how come you pulled me over?" and he says "are you joking me? This car sounds like a frieght train, and it's to loud (We got just glasspacks right off the headers)" I got a warining for it, but he basically told me that "anything louder then stock is illegal and he is out to get everyone with a loud exhasut" that's just being ignorant right there and abusing power. Oh well though, got out with a warning and all is well.

That sucks, but at least you got off. He is sort of correct depending on if you were in a residencial area about the exhaust... but anything louder than stock doesn't cut it. I think 6 decibles is the limit for residencial areas. Either way he needs a reason to pull you over to check out you and your friends, the exhaust gives him the reason.

It sucks but hopefully his intentions are good overall, they have a tough job to do.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by blitzu@Jul 26 2004, 02:00 AM
That sucks, but at least you got off. He is sort of correct depending on if you were in a residencial area about the exhaust... but anything louder than stock doesn't cut it. I think 6 decibles is the limit for residencial areas. Either way he needs a reason to pull you over to check out you and your friends, the exhaust gives him the reason.

It sucks but hopefully his intentions are good overall, they have a tough job to do.
Not to disrespect anyone, but I know being a policeman has to be a hard job. Although, when a cop blatently says that he is gonna bust everyone for a loud exhaust, that is profiling. Some cops out there are hard working and decent, but this one sounded like a moron that wanted to bust someones chops.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Alot of the suburban cops are like that. I got pulled over drinking a beer with a case in the car in Chicago....

I got off with a warning and a 12 pack..... :lolsign:

I guess all in all as pimpy as it is or may sound...Thats why people live in the burbs. Less of the big city crime shit. However looking at it again some burbs do.
Probably not the same frequentcy as some areas in Chicago though. I dont want to beat down the JOB cause it is a difficult one. You have good and bad just like everything else.

Go get youself sme duals and some flowmasters. You'll be pleased with the sound. The glasspacks are a higher frequentcy type of sound....The flowwmasters should dull it down a little.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by LeeGTP@Jul 26 2004, 09:46 AM
I still dont think its right to pull you over for a LOUD Exhaust with all the Harleys bike that ride through town. Its not fair and how many Harleys do you see pulled over for loud exhaust?
He actually told me that a neighbor of his has a harley and he said late at night at about 3am his friends all come over with there bikes, and he said "my goal is to write every one of the a ticket" and i got into an argument about harley's and he said yes he puls them over all the time. Now my dad is a cop and he had a formula with a borla exhaust that was loud as hell and the olds is his to, and he's got 2 harley's that'll wake up the whole neighborhood. Some cops are cool and some are just abusing power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info