3800 afc 2.0?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I bought this thiing used, and im sure its broke, but I want more opinions.

I unplugged the maf wires, and noticed how they were COLORED, so I plugged in the afc 2.0 into the maf(it only goes one way), and the color coded wires on the afc, match the maf wires. so I plugged the afc 2.0 into the maf. I then plugged in the other wires into the afc 2.0 (only goes one way, and the color coded wires match up).

I set all switchs as should be..ENHANCED mode up, then EDIT up to edit. After I edit, I put the regular mode back in the run position. AM I SUPPOSED to put the ENHANCED mode back in the run posiition or leave it in edit?

I can edit the regular mode, but when I put it in run, it defaults back to 100, no matter what I try. Even with it edited, it stays at 100, EVEN IF I REV THE ENGINE.

are both switchs supposed to be DOWN to make it work? I dont want to run in ENHANCED only regular.

I know im not the brightest bulb, BUT im not the weakest, thats forsure.

any Ideas would help.

If its broke, now ill probably have to fight to get my money back, but id rather have a WORKING product. I bought this cause id like to use it....buuuuuuttt.

ok, is it me, or is it the afc 2.0?

J/O

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jul 16 2004, 06:43 AM
Q: I set all switchs as should be..ENHANCED mode up, then EDIT up to edit. After I edit, I put the regular mode back in the run position. AM I SUPPOSED to put the ENHANCED mode back in the run posiition or leave it in edit?

A: Yes, move to run position

Q: I can edit the regular mode, but when I put it in run, it defaults back to 100, no matter what I try. Even with it edited, it stays at 100, EVEN IF I REV THE ENGINE.

A: AFC tuning doesn't show the change as you rev the car. It only changes the signal if you have set to enhanced mode.

Q: are both switchs supposed to be DOWN to make it work? I dont want to run in ENHANCED only regular.

A: Yes

sr71_rgl Official Mini-AFC V.2 Directions

Switch Descriptions:

Enhanced Mode - Right

Edit/Run - Left

Button Descriptions:

Down - Left

Set/Select - Middle

Up - Right

Due to the menu system, editing is VERY simple. In standard mode it is as easy as this.

1. With power on but not started take edit/run switch to edit (up) and take enhanced switch (up)
2. Adjustment amount will blink on and off
3. press set select button
4. display will flash between E and amount.
5. pressing up or down will change the value
6. pressing set/select will lock it in
7. taking switch to run will save the settings

The set/select button seems redundant but makes more sense in enhanced mode.
- Turning on or off enhanced mode will not have an effect until power is reapplied

In enhanced mode:
1. With power on but not started take enhanced mode to active (down) and take edit/run to edit (up)
2. Display will flash between adjustment amount and adjustment location (1-13k)
3. Pressing up or down will select location that you would like to edit
4. pressing set/select will put you in EDIT on that location
5. pressing up or down will change the value in that location
6. pressing set/select will lock it in and allow you to choose another location
7. taking switch to run will save settings

*You have to remove power all together from the unit when you take it from standard to enhanced mode

Just so ya know, enhanced mode is where this thing really shines. Once I got it working I was happy as hell with it. YOu can really fine tune the car accurately with this device from 1K maf freq to 13k :) GL

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Jul 18 2004, 01:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sr71_rgl @ Jul 18 2004, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX@Jul 16 2004, 05:44 PM
this POS is driving me nuts, will someone please call me...708-351-9728

thanks
J/O
Did you have a chance to scan since we talked? [/b][/quote]
yes, yes I did, and I set all 13 at 97 and my lts dropped to 0.-1.

Thank you sooo much Nick for helping me figure out what was going on.

turns out the REGULAR mode dont work. It accually works ENHANCED either way the switch is used, so it really isnt working like it should, which thru me way off.

once I learned it was only working in ENHANCED only, I got it to work right.

Thanks also to Kyle for helping me out too(let me know what zooms got to say).

J/O

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
glad you got it working. i just got your PM, but it looks like it's been taken care of already.

turns out the REGULAR mode dont work. It accually works ENHANCED either way the switch is used, so it really isnt working like it should, which thru me way off.

who cares? the basic mode won't do nearly as much good as the enhanced, besides, if you wanted the basic mode, you would have bought an afc V1 B)

i hope you're able to see gains like i did...i gained a bit more than 20WHP with that little gizmo :D

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Jul 19 2004, 10:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sr71_rgl @ Jul 19 2004, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX@Jul 19 2004, 06:39 AM
Thank you sooo much Nick for helping me figure out what was going on.

Not a problem dude....glad to hear you're happy with it now. So where did your O2s settle after you set everything to 97%? [/b][/quote]
mostly -1 to +1, but there is a range ive gotton it to +5, I will have to start scanning maf freq.. ;)

opps O2s are about 950-930..havnt been able to make many wot runs, but it feels pretty strong.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jul 20 2004, 04:56 AM
opps O2s are about 950-930..havnt been able to make many wot runs, but it feels pretty strong.
Seeing how your iC'd/cammed you might want to lean it out even more. I'd imagine w/your set up runnin the way it should 02s in the 860s and LTFTs of +1-3 would be spot on with stock or slightly advanced timing :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info