3800 Finally ready for the power, and looking for help.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Hey guys I got some new stuff put on, and am finally ready for power. I put on some PRJ rails and my custom HVII. Similar to ZZP's but for less than half the price.

NA~Underhood~3.JPG

So now Im just waiting for the front and rear header to get to me. They should be here before the end of the month. So that is when I would need some help. Im thinking of asking SSP to make the Y-pipe, connecting the front and rear header to the turbo. Then having my car towed to wherever we work on it. Then I need to plumb the wastegate, make a down-pipe, make two intake pipes, install BOV, and set up the turbo oiling system.

So to do this I need help with welding. I dont have a welder, but Sweetness (the turbo brains of the operation) does. However, he says his welding skills arent awesome yet, and we could use a better welder to help us. So the welding that is needed is this:

Cut a 1.5" hole in y-pipe and 1.5" weld mild steel tubing to it
Weld 1.5" mild steel to two mild steel flanges
Weld other mild steel tubing to mild steel tubing.
Cut some other holes in mild steel.

Thats about the jist of the help needed. So if anyone is will to volunteer to help, it would be awesome. Honestly, if I had some extra money I would give it to you, but all i can provide is some snacks, drinks (non-alcoholic....im only 20, and no drunks are working on my car ;) ), and recognition on my webpage and postings.

So let me know what you guys can do. Thanx.....

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well sweetness is on vacation until the 19th. I know he has a welder. I dont know what else he would have. I know we will need something to cut the 1.5" holes and something to cut the piping. I have hacksaw we can use for the piping, but dont know what to do about the holes.

I would say plan on it being the 31/1 weekend. And the back-up weekend will be the following. But I am about 95% sure I will have everything ready for that weekend. Thanx for your help with this project, its greatly appreciated.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Check with Sweetness on this, but I think his mig is flux core. If you need it, my little mig has gas shielding. You could use it as long as you fill up the tank, I have a 10lb spool in there of some real good wire that'll help the beads look pretty.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
yeah all i have is flux core. dont have the cash yet for a gas set up. We are probably going to be working at Kyle's place near st charles if i remember correctly. The 7/8 of august is probably the best weekend for me, and it looks like that is when the headers will be done. CPK, thanks for the offer, we could sure use your help. My welding experience is low on wire feed welders so any help would be great. Ron, if cpk doesnt have a welder then we will probably end up borrowing yours if thats still ok. Is it a 110v or 220?

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list