3800 not sure where to go now with the old GTP

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Im thinking about installing the stage 1x cam from intense along with new timing chain, valve guides and the other usuals.

Im just worried about doing all that work and blowing a piston or something like that.

My engines got 86k on it now though w ALL new seals and gasket.

OR, I was thinking about installing 1.9 rockers instead...that way I could still take them out and sell them if something happend to the engine.

Other then that, Ive come so far on the car that it would suck to not keep going. I already have new parts all over the car(exhaust, headers, GMPPkit, Tires) so why not keep going??????????

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I did the 1x cam, 105lb springs. stainless steel retainers, new timing chain, damepener, new tensioner and one other internal part I forgot the name of.(Ed Morad is the hookup there)

and its gonna be ALL new gaskets again as you gotta take everything apart to have the cam put in.

Overall said and done with the install and parts I figure it was 850-900 for it.

Go for it!!!! :D

I

imported_snoop

your not gonna blow a piston just by putting a cam in. the only way for that to happen is if you play with the timing and/or you are running WAY too lean. if you watch those 2 things, you will be all good and have alot of fun with your new toy. but it all depends on you and how deep into the motor you want to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list