3800 Falken ziex-512

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've got ziex 502's on my wife's car and they're great tires. I heard the 512's were good, so I did some shopping on them. Looks like I'll be going back to the stock size, because the h-rated tire is much lighter (by about 3lbs each). I can get these for $230 shipped (much better than discount tire's $530 installed). Any feedback is appreciated.

BTW; I was running a 235/55/16. The Falken TW in this is 8.3, with a 26.3 dia. The 225/60/16 is a 8.0 TW on a 26.6 Dia. Not enough of a difference to warrant the extra $120, or 12lbs of unsprung weight.

RynosGP

Nov 10, 2008
I've got the 512's. Well only two of them now. They are a good tire. They handle good in the snow and in the rain as well. They also have good traction. So far they are the longes lasting tire I've had on my car. The only reason I only have two now is because something fell off a truck in front of me down the interstate and blew out my front tire. So I replace both the fronts since they were a little bald. I would have gone with the falkens again but I called everyplace I could find and no one had them or could get then within the month. I think they are a very good tire for the price. Hope this helps.

Ryan

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've heard good and bad on these, but mostly good. It seems that more people like the vr's than the h-rated. The vr's are substantially heavier, must be due to extra belting. Personally, I'm looking for the best fit on the rim, price, and straight line traction. I'm not going autocrossing, and don't drive the car hard enough to warrant the stiff side wall. Although looking at it again, I may do the 235-55-16; because it looks cooler, and it's in stock.

RynosGP

Nov 10, 2008
I had the H rated and haven't had any problems. The traction was pretty good. I never made it to the track to see if they would improve my 60 ft. but i can tell by just going from a stop light that they grip a ton better than my BFgoodrich touring tires that were on there before. I wish I would have gone with the 235-55-16 orginally but the places that I called only had 2 or 3 in stock if any at all. So I just went witht he stock size. I personally don't think you'll regret getting the 512's.

Ryan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list