3800 Going to Exercise My Constitutional Right...

S

sr71_rgl

Anyone have any advice on where to buy a pistol? I've had my FOID card for a couple years, have gone to the range a few times and now want to own my first firearm. I was thinking S&W, Glock, Sig in maybe a .40 or a .45. I've even considered High-Point as a possiblity too. I know there are a couple members here with military backgrounds and probably a lot more with "militia backgrounds" :p and was just looking for opinions on whats a best all-rounder for home defence as well as where to buy and not to over pay.
TIA
Nick

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
GAT's in West Dundee, IL near Rt.72 and Rt.31 has a huge selection of guns, shooting range, and great prices. Sig Sauer makes great pistols, and you can't go wrong with a Beretta brand. Sig Sauer P220 is a great and accurate gun available in .45 calibre. You might not wanna go with .40 since the rounds are slightly more expensive, but if you don't mind that a .40 is a nicely balanced round. Beretta's 92G Elite II is a .40 S&W round and is powerful and looks nice as hell. You should also check out some H&K pistols, and Para Ordnance.

I have a H&K 40cal compact that is my issue weapon, which is a real nice piece. It is the LEM model (Law enforcement model) so the trigger pull is lighter and there is a coupler on the spring to supposidly help the recoil. I do like the weapon and you dont have to be law enforcement to purchase it, but it's price is steap. I also suggest glock as a nice well balanced gun manufacturer. There selection is nice having models in almost all normal sized rounds and each with full, compact, and sub-compact versions. Like Leo said 40cals are a great inbetween round to fire. They have stopping power unlike a 9mm, but less recoil as a 45cal. 40cal is all I shoot. Sig's are nice, but not my thing... some newer berettas are ok also.

Good luck on whatever you buy, but remember if you want to carry concealed you will need a license for that ;)

Yeah but the license costs a few thousand each year I believe. I just checked though and Illinois doesnt allow it... whoops sorry for that info.

all_usa_map.gif

Here is the law when you want to transport it...

Sec. 926A. - Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
ILGTC

Illinois Gun Toting Club :yay:

Some say the best home defense gun is a shotgun. Probably because no particular aim is necessary :rolleyes: . Plus the projectiles have a lesser chance of going through the walls and into the neighbors house. It's not my personal choice though...

Everyone will have an opinion on what's the best to use.

My opinion: It's not so much as what's the best to use - it's what you know how to use best .
:jedi:

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP - always separate the weapon and ammo when transporting.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Jul 10 2004, 08:21 AM
Buffalo Range is a great range. Bring and shoot ANYTHING! WHOA!!

J.E.T.
My cousins go to Buffalo Gulch a lot year round and bring al sorts of crazy shit. I think hey shoot their AR15 and AKs there :eek: A group "range" outing would be cool as hell but I can't even make it to mod/dyno days :unsure: :( :angry: :p

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hey Jared let me get my permit and we'll go to the range on a weekend how about it?? I'll bring my friend he's all into guns I just like shooting them he gets into details...
which is interesting to know the facts about what gun would be better for the person...

Leo

Whose the tool that's talkin trash..... Our car club always get's thses stupid tools that have nothing better to do then talk trash but never back it up... <_< <_<

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info