3800 Intercooler

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
It depends on alot of factors.....Some IC's cores pull more heat out of the air than others creating hotter water temps. Sometimes hotter water temps are due to inefficient heat exchangers or the inability for the exch to keep up with the core.(remove enough heat from the the water)

Anyway, you can tune your IC in. (Fans and a ice box or equivelent) Talk to Ron Vogel. He has set up guages for his set up. He has also gotten some pretty low water temps and really showed some ET gains due to the added amount of timming the cooler air has generated.

Just remember, the water temps are not directly propotionate to you air temps. The water temps are a by product of the heat removed from the air.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Pretty much the only thing I found was the computer guages I'm using. The regular auto water temp gauges only go down to 100F, even the Cyberdyne digital ones. I think it was in Summit's catalog in the ricer section, but there was one gauge that went down to 40F, but it was like $260! Might want to look at avionics gauges, there should be something there to measure low and high temps, but anything to do with aviation may be pricey.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I like that one....It would fit nice somewere. In that hole in the dash. Tis pricey though.

For now I have a Digital probe used for AC work. Or my DVOM has a temp port. I can get another wire and soder it to a fitting (or a plastic one and JB it in) Once I get a baseline on ambients and lenth of use of the ice. I be ok for now till I decide what is most economical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• CoolGTX
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list