3800 IC users

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Just curious what your setups are and what pulley size you are running, and max boost levels you've seen?

I was thinking of originally getting the ZZP shortstack intercooler, but my goals are to run a 3" pulley with minimal kr and keep boost levels around 8-10psi. So im definitely going to go for the normal ZZP IC, been talking with Zoomer lately about taking a ride to his shop and having him install it within the next couple of months.

This would be with the following modifications:

Ported Manifolds w/3" downpipe (waiting to be installed)
1.9 GEN 3 rockers
DHP
CAI

Snoop if I remember correctly you still have the stock manifolds correct and are running a 3" pulley with your IC?

Thanks for your help,

Joel

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by jk99gtp@Jun 29 2004, 03:24 PM
Snoop if I remember correctly you still have the stock manifolds correct and are running a 3" pulley with your IC?

Thanks for your help,

Joel
yeah, i got a FWI, and IC w/3.0 pulley (and exhaust) and have been running it for about a year now. nothing else. no headers, no rockers, no cam, no DHP, nothing. i have no knock at all and i ran a best of 13.6@101 with this setup. no problems with the car at all. you will be more than safe to run a 3.0 with the mods you have already.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Cool.

While I want to reach my goals, I want to also make sure Im keeping some engine reliability. I understand about the transmission, but I am not really hard on the car and am hoping to at least get a couple of years out of the tranny.

Snoop when I stop by and we do my brakes soon I should bring my ATAP and we should scan your car, if there is some extra time of course after the brake upgrade. Is that cool? Mike were you ever able to ATAP your vehicle yet?

What kind of boost are you guys seeing with the 3.0" pulley/IC?

Thanks,

Joel

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Jun 29 2004, 10:05 PM
Brian tested his intercooler on a bone stock car with a 3.0 pulley and I beleive he got only 1 or 2 degrees of knock. On a modded car you should be a free of knock.
If you use a DP like I fabbed with a dump....You may get away with a smaller pulley or less KR.....Check Fredo's post: Is this a clean install? There are pics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info