3800 Rt. 66 tonight?

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
was a good time. I'll let miller post what he wants.

lots of people no other gps running though, saw a silver GTP with a gtx hood parked. Lots of impressed people when they found out miller wasn't running NOS.

yeah you need a helmet if you're in 13's gotta be the minimum of snell 90 i think it is.

and a state ID or Drivers License.

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jun 29 2004, 11:31 PM
sort of pleased with the times, but not really.....best was a [email protected], this was with a 2.9 pulley (didnt have 2.8 with me), i also had no scan tool with me so i couldnt really adjust the fueling and timing very much. everyone there was extremely impressed with the car, especially the HUGE burnouts
dawg, is this with the stock tranny still?!?!?!?!?

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Jul 1 2004, 12:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sr71_rgl @ Jul 1 2004, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP@Jun 30 2004, 04:29 PM
yes it is, lol, i've been trying to get ahold of the guys at intense all day to make an appointment to have the new trans put in
DON"T REPLACE IT YET......I wanna see how many 12sec passes a stock trans can handle :blink: ;) B) [/b][/quote]
exactly!!!!! that what i want to know. how does the trans feel as of right now. all i want is a 12 slip and i am done with the car. the trans is the only thing i am worried about. so not yet bump, please!!! what do you have on there now, like 6 12 passes so far. my hopes are very high right now thanks to you.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I don't think 12 second passes are going to kill the tranny as quickly as most people think. Here, IMHO is a list of things that will help extend life of the tranny.

Don't beat on your car; race it on the track, drive it on the street. Stay out of boost on the street as much as possible.

Don't use slicks, period. If you want to use slicks, get a race tranny, or use slicks as an excuse to get a race tranny.

Lighten the car as much as possible before racing to reduce stress on the tranny.

If your car has over 80K and the fluid has not been changed, don't change it. Otherwise change it every 30-40k depending on abuse.

Don't use a tranny cooler unless you have a high-stall converter. If you have a high-stall converter, you need a race tranny.

Don't do full throttle downshifts; EVER...I have a couple of pics for anyone that scoffs at this (box full of broken parts). It's a nice feel to do a skip-shift and pull like crazy, but it puts a ton of stress on the hard parts. If you're a habutial downshifter, you'll need a race tranny.

Again, I don't mean to hijack, these are my opinions based on blowing 3 trannies, and breaking the same one 6 times in one summer.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 1 2004, 09:21 AM
I don't think 12 second passes are going to kill the tranny as quickly as most people think. Here, IMHO is a list of things that will help extend life of the tranny.

Don't beat on your car; race it on the track, drive it on the street. Stay out of boost on the street as much as possible.

Don't do full throttle downshifts; EVER...I have a couple of pics for anyone that scoffs at this (box full of broken parts). It's a nice feel to do a skip-shift and pull like crazy, but it puts a ton of stress on the hard parts. If you're a habutial downshifter, you'll need a race tranny.

I think Ron is right on the money. The 4t65e-hd is a pretty stout unit from the factory and although many guys will guarantee failure from 12 sec power guys like bumpin and silvergtp are proving them wrong. I think the biggest contributor to trans failure is the skipshift downshifts and shifts at WOT. Not much a guy can do to avoid a WOT upshift seeing how thats the whole point of modding :D but the downshift skit shift stress can be reduced a lot by manually shifting the car almost like a manual trans. Just as I'm putting the hammer down from OD or 3rd I'll shift the selector into 2nd just before the pedal hits the floor. It really matches the revs nicely and isn't HALF as hard on the trans as just stomping the crap out of the pedal is. Give it a shot i you don't believe me.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Ive got a few Hundred #3# 13.3 or lower tics on my old tranny.

The Drive Chains STRetch Badly, which creates all the back and forth motion, which stresses parts.

My chains were FALLING apart!! Both top and bottom gears were missing 3 or more teeth. Took out valve body too. BROKE Input shaft. Clutchs still had LOTS of miles left, still can read the fatory printing :p

it will be either clutchs going bad, or broken hard parts, take your pick, but it will eventually catch up to your modding.. ;)

3 years with shift kit on max, = about 4-500 passes, lots of fun, but then reality kicks in..Broken. :eek: :) about 45,000 mls, on shift kit, which was installed on a 3-5000 ml car. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info