3800 Farm & Fleet

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Went to F&F today, lot's 'o good stuff there. I found what I will use as a perm system bleed; in line water filter w/ drain $13.00. They carry sure flow pumps also, but I wonder if the boat bilge pumps they carry would make an inexpensive IC pump. They have 4 types that flow 500-1100 GPH, prices are $30-60 for these and they have 3/4" fittings. I also saw a horse bottle w/nipple for feeding baby horses, that would make a nice air bleeder for an IC system. They have 3-4 different Hayden electric pusher fans from $40-60. Just FTI, my IC is going to be improved as I go along, so I'm just window shopping until a better system is dreamed up. I thought I'd post this if anyone is looking for this type of stuff. BTW, found a place for dry ice that has Sat hours too (just a teaser, I have some plans for this)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Last week, there was a thread going where someone posted this. Nice pump for sure at that price. I ended up making a pump myself out of old parts I had lying around. It works pretty good, but with anything homemade it makes me nervous. The only thing with that pump is the flow rate is pretty high. You would definately want to switch from 12 to 6 volts to slow it down when not under boost, especcially if you don't use a big rad.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jun 27 2004, 07:48 PM
Last week, there was a thread going where someone posted this. Nice pump for sure at that price. I ended up making a pump myself out of old parts I had lying around. It works pretty good, but with anything homemade it makes me nervous. The only thing with that pump is the flow rate is pretty high. You would definately want to switch from 12 to 6 volts to slow it down when not under boost, especcially if you don't use a big rad.
Use a hobbs switch, relay, and a resister...Good idea.

Wont droping the volts cause the current to rise and damage the pump?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info